Classic Rock Bottom

The video this week, is the Prog-rock band Porcupine Tree with their new video "Bonnie the cat".

The track comes from the double-album ‘The Incident’ from 2009.

I must confess, that I don't know much about Porcupine Tree, but I like to add brand-new video's, so when the chance comes, I'll take it.

By the way: The video is directed by Polish director Przemyslaw Vshebor.

Enjoy.

http://www.muzu.tv/porcupinetreebgxu6r3vnc/bonnie-the-cat-music-vid...

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the song. I don't really "get" the video. But, the song is good and I just bought this album yesterday.
Nice pick Niels!
Intriguing... I had to look them up... Here is what Wikipedia said...
Porcupine Tree are a progressive rock band formed by Steven Wilson in 1987 in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England. Their music is difficult to categorize, being associated with both psychedelic rock and progressive rock, yet having been influenced by trance, krautrock and ambient due to Steven Wilson and Richard Barbieri's liking for the Kosmische Musik scene of the early '70s, led by bands such as Tangerine Dream, Neu! and Can[1]. Since the early 2000s, their music has been leaning towards progressive metal.

The band are noted for their multimedia approach, with their live performances including screens displaying a different film projection to each song. This visual element was introduced during the tour for the In Absentia album, when the band started to work with Danish photographer and filmmaker Lasse Hoile, whose involvement has created a distinctive image for the band.

Despite being signed to both Roadrunner and Atlantic labels[2][3], the band has their own record label, Transmission, which they use to launch some independent releases and special editions of their albums. Their 2007 album Fear of a Blank Planet was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Surround Sound Album[4].

May have to go back and pick at some this bands stuff...
Highly recommend "In Absentia" and "Fear Of A Blank Planet" from Porcupine Tree if you need a starting point. If asked nicely, I possibly MIGHT post one on the request thread.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos