Classic Rock Bottom

This week's video is SLASH (feat. Andrew Stockdale, Wolfmother) with the track "By the Sword".

"By the sword" is the first official single from the album SLASH, and in my opinion the best number on the cd.

The song was debuted live for the first time on November 22, 2009, at the Slash & friends performance, where Slash was joined by Andrew Stockdale to play the song live, along with Dave Navarro, Chris Chaney and Travis Barker.

I had prepared a different VOTW, a classic, when I thought of this video in stead, but I hope you don't mind 2 VOTW this week, so look out for VOTW#9½.

Enjoy.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did enjoy that Niels. I wish there was a TV channel (like the MTV of the 80's) where you could watch new videos like this without having to wait for a 1 hour show that comes on at 3am.

As far as the song goes, it's outstanding. The guitar solo is very, very nice by Slash. Slash did a great job getting the right song to the right vocalist on his solo album. However, I have to admit my favorite from the album is the Myles Kennedy fronted "Back From Cali".

For the video, I also like it. I like the part concept/part performance aspect.

Great pick Niels.
Nice pick! Maybe I should unwrap this album and listen to it? Have it sitting in my pile of stuff to listen to...

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos