Classic Rock Bottom

Well, I'm a bit bored, therefore this VOTW#14,5. It's gonna be allmost the same procedure as VOTW#14, exept there will be 4 video's: A new video with an "old" artist, TWO new video's with "new" bands, and a classic. Here we go:

1. The "old" artist in this video is Michael Kiske, the former lead-singer of the german 1980´s Metal-band "Helloween". Kiske was once rumored to be Bruce Dickinson's replacement, after he departed from Iron Maiden in 1993.
In this video he sings together with the american singer Amanda Somerville, and the number is called "Silence" from 2010:

2. The first "new" artist/band (well, the band was formed in 1996, so it's KIND of a new band) is "Drowning Pool" from Dallas, Texas, with the number "Feel like I do" from 2010.

3. The second "new" artist/Band is the AC/DC-inspired australian band "Airbourne" with the number "Blonde, Bad and Beautifull" from the 2010-album "No gut's, No Glory"(and may I say, one of the BEST video's, I've EVER seen!!).

3. And last, but not least, we got the classic video, and this time it's the american band "Better Than Ezra" with the number "King of New Orleans" from 1997, taken from the album "Friction, Baby", a pretty good album IMO.

There you go. I hope you will enjoy these video's. I know, I am.

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good stuff except for the one. And you guess which one that is. I've had that Airbourne album for awhile, should probably get around to unwrapping it and giving it a listen. Me like Amanda Somerville.
Don't you like "Better Than Ezra"?
ummm...no.
I'll rate each video with 0,1 or 2 stars (2stars would be that I like the video and the song)

Kiske/Sommerville (1 star) - I like the song, but not the video. It's a little boring. Is it on a Kiske solo album or is there a band name???

Drowning Pool (2 stars) - I really dig the song and the video. Good energy in the performance. I may have to check this album out.

Airbourne (1 star) - I'm with Niels, that's an awesome video. That airline could definitely cure my fear of flying. The song is not so great. I have this album and I just can't get all the way through it. They make me think of the band The Answer, but I personally like The Answer much better (I'd love to see a video from The Answer Niels)

Better Than Ezra (0 stars) - I'm with Jon on this one. It's not awful, but it's not for me.

Nice group of picks Niels. We don't all have to like everything, but it's a nice way to spend 20 minutes.
Thank you. No, I know I can't please everyone with all the videos, and there will be many more video's, that some of you won't like in the future, I'm sure.

The BTE-video, I had looked for on Youtube for a while, and when I finaly found it on Yahoo, I HAD to add it on VOTW, because I loved that album in the 90's.

It's an album called "Kiske/Somerville" so no, it's not a solo-album.

I must say, that I like the way you rate the video's. I hope, that won't be the last time.

I know, it won't be the last time, that I'll post that many video's in one week, because, there are so many out there, both old and new.

I'll look out for an "Answer"-video.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos