Classic Rock Bottom

Like I "said", I've got a lot of video's waiting to be seen, so here we go again, as usual by now, I'll post 4 video's: 2 new, 1 kinda new and one "Cheesy" song/video.

1. The first one is Danko Jones with the song/video "Full of regret". Danko Jones is a Canadian rock band from Toronto, Ontario, formed in 1996. "Full of regret" is from their 2010-album "Below the belt".

2. The second one is Rhapsody Of Fire with the song/video "Sea of Fate". Rhapsody of Fire is an Italian symphonic power metal band, formed in 1993.
The band has released eight studio albums, one live album, one EP, and a live DVD. "Sea of Fate" comes from the 2010-album "The Frozen Tears of Angels".

3. Let's have some Glam Metal from nowadays: The american band Steel Panther with the song/video "Death to all but Metal" from the 2009-album "Feel the Steel". You'll probably know this one.

4. The "cheesy" video this time is a band called Zinatra. I don't know if any of you know them, but I THINK that it's a band from Holland. I saw them open for David Lee Roth in 1988. Now how would you rate this video/song on a "Cheeese-scale" from 1 (not cheesy at all) to 10 (Could'nt be more cheesy)?

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Niels, you have outdone yourself this time. Great post.

Danko Jones (2 stars)

This is fantastic. Who are these guys? I'm not familiar at all but I love the song (1 star) and the video is awesome as well (1 star). I love the cameo by Lemmy and I don't know that actresses name but she's been in a few movies, I wanna say she was in Cruel Intentions with a nice little scene opposite the lead blonde chick (whose name I can't think of either). And is that Toby McGuire? And how can a video go wrong with a classic mustang in it?

Rhapsody Of Fire (1/2 star)

The song is okay (1/2 star), and I usually like performance based videos, but this band's performance is very uninspired.

Steel Panther (2 stars)

Wow! The video is so hot I had to stop watching at work, but you can bet I'm gonna watch it again tonight. The song is actually pretty cool (1 star). It has some very strong language (Niels, you may wanna add a NSFW to this one so folks don't have their speakers turned up when he starts singing) but I love the name checking, positive and negative.

Zinatra (Cheese factor 8)

Yep, it's pretty cheesy. Especially when the guitar player does the body roll over the singer. I cracked up. The song's not very good either.

This is my favorite VOTW yet Niels.
What are the scales for the ratings? A very entertaining post as usual Niels!

Danko Jones: 2 stars
Digging that Danko Jones thing. Video = 1 star, Song = 1 star

Rhapsody of Fire: 0 stars
Couldn't take the singer much so I had to stop it... And the video with the white backdrop is rehashed...

Steel Panther: 2 stars
Freakin' hilarious. Make sure there are no kids around, they are funny as hell...

Zinatra: -2 stars with a Cheese Factor of 8.5
I have to subtract a star from the name of the band to start with, how uninspired and not Metal. Then I was going to rate the video as a 0 until the guitarist did that stupid back roll over the singer, -1... hahahaha. Lastly, I was going to subtract another for the song being so bad, but I felt bad, so a 0 for the song.
I'm very pleased, that you guys like (most of) the video's I post, and I agree that the Danko Jones video/song is awesome! No, it's not Tobey McGuire, it's Elijah Wood, Frodo from "The Lord of the Rings" (and Kevin from "Sin City"). I know the languge was a bit "over the top" in the Steel Panther ("Death to all Butt-Metal" was pretty funny!!) but you'll have to show me what a NSFW is, and how I can add it to a video, RJhog.

I like how the ratings are "developing" and the way, the ratings are now, are from -2 to +2 and it's a half for an "okay" video or song, and of course 1 to 10 on the cheesy-factor.

I'll promise, I will find many more good video's in the coming weeks/months to come.

Danko Jones: 2 stars
Video = 1 star, Song = 1 star

Rhapsody of Fire: 1 star
Video = 0,5 star, Song = 0,5 star. I like the guitar-solo, pretty fast playing, but still good.

Steel Panther: 1,5 stars
Video = 1 star, Song = 0,5 star

Zinatra: -1 star/ Cheese Factor 6,5
Video = -0,5 star, Song = -0,5 star. The Cheese Factor can be higher than this. Just you wait and see!!!
Hey Niels, that NSFW thing is just something you add at the start of your text (or at the end) for the video in question. It just lets folks know the language may be a bit harsh and if they ar at work they should use their earbuds or turn the sound way down. I usually only add it if the language is fairly harsh. And I'm not complaining when I mention it 'cause I think it was a very cool song and video. It's just a warning for folks at work or even if they are at home and their kids are in the room.
I absolutely agree, that it's not a language for kids. I will definetly set up some kind of warning next time.
Cool bro...I'm gonna have to research Danko Jones...that was a great pick.
Steel Panther...I almost posted it on the new album corner....yeah, language is foul but there's some funny, sick twisted stuff going on there. If you don't have the album, buy it just to read the liner notes. And if someone wants me to actually post some songs from it on my next go arounmd, just let me know. Just remember, there WILL be a dislcaimer at the front of it because I care about the youth of the world.
I would like to hear more of it.
Death to All But Metal...love that song.
I just watched Steel Panther again. Is that Sarah Silverman? That is funny as hell! Death to all but metal....that's what I said, butt metal...not butt metal, death to all but metal...yeah, butt metal....

man, I'm still cracking up. Jon, please do an emergency NMC for this album.
I'll see what I can do.
Danko Jones ** all around. Gotta love a video featuring a psycho Hobbit, Hellboy's girlfriend and Lemmy. If you've seen "That Metal Show", c-host Jim Florenine has mentioned this band.

Rhapsody Of Fire *1/2 song, 0* for video. Song isn't that bad, you need to get used to the singers wih this type of metal. They almost all sound the same. Very proficient band. Video bland though.

Steel Panther ** all around. The pose at 2:03 perfectly captures the crappy 80's metal videos (yeah, I'm talking about you Whitesnake.)

Zinatra--let's see...bass player did a leg kick, guitarist twirled around, the rollover Rjhog mentioned, singer wearing gloves..I'm going with a 4 on cheese factor.

Thinking about that, maybe points should be awarded for certain things in a video to decide the cheese factor?

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos