Classic Rock Bottom

Like I "said", I've got a lot of video's waiting to be seen, so here we go again, as usual by now, I'll post 4 video's: 2 new, 1 kinda new and one "Cheesy" song/video.

1. The first one is Danko Jones with the song/video "Full of regret". Danko Jones is a Canadian rock band from Toronto, Ontario, formed in 1996. "Full of regret" is from their 2010-album "Below the belt".

2. The second one is Rhapsody Of Fire with the song/video "Sea of Fate". Rhapsody of Fire is an Italian symphonic power metal band, formed in 1993.
The band has released eight studio albums, one live album, one EP, and a live DVD. "Sea of Fate" comes from the 2010-album "The Frozen Tears of Angels".

3. Let's have some Glam Metal from nowadays: The american band Steel Panther with the song/video "Death to all but Metal" from the 2009-album "Feel the Steel". You'll probably know this one.

4. The "cheesy" video this time is a band called Zinatra. I don't know if any of you know them, but I THINK that it's a band from Holland. I saw them open for David Lee Roth in 1988. Now how would you rate this video/song on a "Cheeese-scale" from 1 (not cheesy at all) to 10 (Could'nt be more cheesy)?

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jon, I actually sort of agree with you on awarding points for certain things. I think if Niels keeps posting them, our rating system will definitely evolve.
Heres some cheesy cliche's I can think of...

- BIG hair
- Drummer pointing a stick at the camera real close to lens
- Drummer hitting side of head at same time as other hand hits snare drum
- Singer jumps onto drummers platform
- Guitarist and singer share same microphone
- Bass Guitarist strokes the entire length of the fret board in a sexually suggestive fashion
- Guitarist back rolls over another member of the band
- Guitarist and/or singer run and knee slide across stage
- Guitarist stares down camera and then twirls away
- Band members are wearing more than one bandana all over
Yep, those work. Basically, anything Poison did?
Forgot one then...

- Band sprays silly string all over

I seen them do this live when they first started out, thought it was the stupidest thing Id ever seen on stage .... Still do!
Don't forget the vocalist (or any other band member, but especially the vocalist) trying to make love to the camera with his face. You know, that little snarl/pucker that says I'm so hot, I know you girls want me...

For example, see the Zinatra video, or I think the Blue Murder video as well.
Hmmmm....I've got a lot of examples of "classic video's" wriiten down, and I'm going to post one at a time. I don't think, that they are all THAT cheesy, but like RJhog says, the point-system is evolving all the time, and perhaps we can find the most cheesy video along the way, by counting the "Cheesy-points"? I have to say, that I allways try to post video's by bands that have'nt got a "Group-page" here on CRB, so there might be some VERY cheesy video's out there, that's not going to have a feature here on VOTW, for a time being anyway.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos