Classic Rock Bottom

Again there's enough video's out there to make a VOTW#16,5 so here we go:

4 video's from 2010, 1 from 2009 and 1 classic from 1988:

1. Rob Zombie with the song/video "Mars Needs Women". The 45 year old Musician, songwriter, Screenwriter, Film Director and Film Producer also known as Robert Bartleth Commings from Massachusetts, who founded the Heavy Matal-band White Zombie, with a song from his 2010 solo-album "Hellbilly Deluxe 2".

2. Turbowolf with the song "ancient Snake". I must say, I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this band. I think, that they have released an EP here in 2010, but that's about it. If anyone knows anything about them......

3. Stone Sour with the song/video "Say you'll haunt me". Stone Sour is an American rockband from DES Moines, Iowa.To date, Stone Sour have released three studio albums Stone Sour (2002); Come What(ever) May (2006) and their latest album, titled Audio Secrecy, which was released September 7, 2010, and this song is from that album.

4. Halford with the song/video "Made of Metal". This is (allmost) a request from TageRyche.Made of Metal is the fourth studio album by the band Halford, the solo project of Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford.

5. Three days Grace with the song/video "Break". Three Days Grace is a Canadian rockband, formed in 1992, under the name Groundswell. After a breakup in late 1997, the band regrouped in 1997 under its current name. This song is taken from their 2009-album "Life starts now".

6. The Classic is Kingdom Come with the song/video "What love can be" from their self-titled debut album from 1988. I LOVED the album when it was released, but when I found out, that they had stolen their sound from Led Zeppelin, I bought all the Zeppelin-records and became a LZ-fan. I saw KC in concert, open for Magnum in 1988. What's the Cheese-factor on this video?

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, you were absolutely right, TageRyche. It was the wrong forum, but it should be the right one now.
Rob Zombie (0.5 stars)

I'm gonna give a half star to the song. I've never gotten into Zombie in any form. I can't say it's because I've listened and didn't like, I've just never given him a chance. The half star is because the song isn't terrible and it vocally reminds me of Alice Cooper. The video can be nauseating at times. Way to many edits. And I'm still not big on studio songs set to nothing but concert footage.

Turbowolf (1.75 stars)

I like this song. It's short and to the point, with no drawn out, unnecessary guitar solo (although I love guitar solos). The 0.25 star deduction is for the vocals. They need a better singer. For some reason, I like the video. The weird color would be aggravating on a 4 or 5 minute video, but this is less than 3 minutes. And I really like the minimalist setup on the drums. Pretty good energy from the band as well.

Stone Sour (2 stars)

The video almost got a 0.25 star reduction because of the concept. I don't really see how it went with the song. But the acting was between the singer and the chick was pretty good, and the grainy, super-imposed images of the band playing put it back to a full star. The song is killer. I love it. I have this CD and it will possibly make an appearance on my next installment of NMC. Stone Sour is a cool band that is the side job of the Slipknot lead vocalist, Corey Taylor. Their last album, Come Whatever May, is really good.

Halford (2 stars)

I have to start this off with the fact that I'm not a Halford or Priest fan at all. Living After Midnight and You've Got Another Thing Coming are the only 2 Priest song that I've ever cared for. But this song is pretty cool. No high pitched, ear piercing screams and just a good, solid groove. So 1 star for the song, and 1 star for the video. I thought the video would be a little cheesy at first since it's animated (and maybe it is), but I'm a NASCAR fan and I love the tie-in. And the character in the Super Sonic Silver Flying Machine reminds me of Kyle Busch out there on the track (you'd have to know NASCAR to get the reference).

Three Days Grace (2 stars)

I like this band. I actually have this album as well, and I think it needs to be in the NMC, so stay tuned. One full star for the song. Great groove and another killer song. A full star for the video as well. Probably my favorite video here. I like the performance aspect, no real concept. And I dig the fact that each band member has their own separate room to perform in. The vocalist doesn't have a traditional voice, but he's unique. I've heard a lot of vocalist from current bands and he stands out to me.

Kingdom Come (0.5 stars/Cheese Factor 4)

The singer looks very out of place to me. Regular jeans and a somewhat regular shirt, and although his hair is long, it's not way over teased and sprayed. The half star is for the song. I don't think it's that great, but this came at a time when bands were not trying to sound retro, so kudos to KC. Now, there are quite a few bands trying to do what KC was doing back in the late 80's. Zero stars for the video as it is a "live" performance in front of some folks obviously brought in just for the video. Cheese factor for me is 4. It's not way over cheesy, but I did see the drummer twirl his drumstick, the guitar players whirl around, and most band members hair was definitely teased and cheesed. And I wasn't sure whether to give a cheese point for having a chick in the video for no reason at all, but at least she was hot.
Before you finish up, RJhog, I'm gonna give MY points:

Rob Zombie (0,5 stars)

0 for the song, and 0,5 for the video

Turbowolf ( 1,5 stars)

0,75 for the song and 0,75 for the video

Stone Sour ( 2 stars)

I like both the song and the video

Halford ( 0,5 stars )

An okay song (0,5) but I don't like the video. Some footage of the band playing would have helped.

Three Days Grace (2 stars)

My favorite this time.

Kingdom Come ( 1,5 stars with a cheese-factor 4 )

It's a very good song (1 star) and the video aint bad either.
Wow, I thought the Made of Metal title track was awful.
Wow, I just listened to that Kingdom Come album. I forgot how good it is, I don't care what those that call them Kingdom Clone say. So they sound like Zeppelin? Who cares?
Rob Zombie **
Like the song, like the video. Don't mind the quick cuts going on because you can see what's going on. And it's deliciously kinda evil.

Turbowolf *
Simple video, song isn't too bad. Just not something that makes me want to buy an album from 'em.

Stone Sour 1/2*
Song doesn't do anything for me, video is ok.

Halford 1/2*
Song wasn't too good, video was ok when the Teenage Mutant Turtle Hybrid was shown. Could care less about cars going around a circular track.

Three Days Grace *1/2
I actually like this song and the vodeo was cool. Never got into them as a whole, will not buy an album by them but liks this song. Oops, think I mentioned that twice.

Kingdom Come *1/2, Cheese Factor *
Like the song, video not bad. Not showing overt cheese but giving it the one star because of the cheesy lighter thing going on.
ROB ZOMBIE (2 stars)
Im a fan, so I have a bias. I like the concert video, made me want to go see him. And I like the song, one star each!

TURBOWOLF (1 stars)
I liked the video, but thats about it

STONE SOUR (1.75 stars)
Liked the song, made me want to listen more. .75 stars, and 1 star for the video, I like the visual of the band members standing there while their individual performances were super imposed over the top of them. Im gonna listen to this one...

HALFORD (1 star)
half for the video and half for the song. Lets face it, he can do so much better, he's rehashing Priest riffs and the lyrics are dorky.

3 DAYS GRACE (1 stars)
Im not hearing anything that sets this band apart from any other modern rock band. Like the song, but it just sounded like it fits into the current sound and thats about it. 1 star for the cool video though... I didnt realize each band member had only one ball, hmmmm....

KINGDON COME (1.75 stars, low cheese factor of 3)
Cool band, song is ok, so many better tracks on that record, but this is good, .75 stars. And I like performance videos, 1 star. Enormously big hair on the guitar players and that lighter thing, as Jon puts it gets it, on the cheese scale, otherwise it would be a good video...

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos