Classic Rock Bottom

In 2008, Journey released Revelation.  This was the first Journey album to feature Arnel Pineda on lead vocals.  The album sold much better than the previous offering, Generations, and has been certified Platinum by the RIAA.  It reached the number 5 spot on the Billboard 200 albums chart.  It was sold exclusively at Walmart, and really was a great value for the cost.  The package included the original album, a second disc of re-recordings of some of Journey's big hits, and a DVD.  That's not bad for ten bucks.  As for the album, it's okay.  That's it.  It does contain my favorite non-Steve Perry sang Journey track, Where Did I Lose Your Love.  That is a great Journey song and when Perry rejoins the band one day, they should re-record that one.  Faith In The Heartland was a song that originally appeared on the underrated Generations album, and Never Walk Away is another pretty good Journey song.  As for the re-records, I dig the fact that it was included as a bonus disc, but the Perry-fronted versions are obviously the ultimate versions, so there really is no need for it other than just getting something extra.  Where does this one land in your personal ranking of Journey albums?

1. Escape

2. Infinity

3. Departure

4. Evolution

5. Captured

6. Frontiers

7. Raised On Radio

8. Generations

9. Trial By Fire

10. Revelation

11. Next

12. Journey