Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK #185 AEROSMITH - GET YOUR WINGS (1974 - 40TH ANNIVERSARY)

Artist: Aerosmith

Genre: Hard Rock

Country Of Origin: United States

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Member: Yes (2001)

Album: Get Your Wings

Meet The Band: Steven Tyler (Vocals)/Joe Perry (Guitar)/Brad Whitford (Guitar)/Tom Hamilton (Bass)/Joey Kramer (Drums) 

Producer: Jack Douglas/Ray Colcord

My Favorite Tracks: Same Old Song And Dance/Lord Of The Thighs/Train Kept A-Rollin'/Seasons Of Wither

Disclaimer:  All "facts" come from wikipedia.com unless otherwise noted.

Welcome to the new year.  And my 185th Album Of The Week post.  Posting anniversary albums on the first weekend of each month was a lot of fun last year, so let's do it again this year.  We kick off with the sophomore album from a band that's been going at it in some form or fashion for over forty years now.  It's Get Your Wings by Aerosmith.  For many years I was not a particular fan of Aerosmith other than the big hits Dream On and Walk This Way.  Then they released Pump in the late 80's and I loved that album.  I have since gone back and picked up most of their early catalog, including this little gem.  It's a really good album.  Nice guitar playing and a very strong rhythm section.  I also hear a lot of maturity in Steven Tyler's voice on this album as compared to the debut.

The album is still in print and if you don't have it, you can pick up a new, remastered copy for 9 bucks on Amazon.  It's definitely worthy of your Classic Rock collection.  I purchased it on November 30, 2009 (thanks Amazon).  So do you own it?  What do you think of it?  What are your favorite songs?  Where does it rank in you Aerosmith collection (probably second for me, behind Pump).  

• Get Your Wings is certified Triple Platinum by the RIAA.
  • The album reached number 74 on the Billboard chart.
  • Three singles were released (Same Old Song And Dance/Train Kept A-Rollin'/S.O.S. (Too Bad).  None of them cracked the charts.
  • Train Kept A-Rollin', although a cover, has one of the great all-time riffs.
  • Both Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter played guitar on Train Kept A-Rollin'.
  • The crowd noise is an added studio effect.  I'd love to hear it without that effect. According to Wikipedia, the single version (which I do not have), does not contain the crowd noise.

Side One:

1. Same Old Song And Dance

2. Lord Of The Thighs

3. Spaced

4. Woman Of The World

Side Two:

5. S.O.S. (Too Bad)

6. Train Kept A-Rollin'

7. Seasons Of Wither

8. Pandora's Box

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I'm definitely getting old.  It seems as though I've once again posted an album that was previously posted.  Not a good start for 2014.  Oh well.

Yep, was going to mention that.

WOW!  Serious error...  I've never made such a mistake, just sayin'!

PS:  I liked it better the last time you posted it.

No wait, maybe I liked it better this time.  I CANT DECIDE!!!

Nope, still doesn't do much for me. It's been almost 3 years since I've listened to this and, even though I'm much more mature, I still can't get into it. 

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos