Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK # 209 MOTLEY CRUE - THEATRE OF PAIN (1985)

Artist: Motley Crue

Genre: Hard Rock/Heavy Metal

Country Of Origin: United States

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Member: No

Album: Theatre Of Pain

Producer: Tom Werman

RJ's Top 5 Tunes: 1. Louder Than Hell...2. Use It Or Lose It...3. City Boy Blues...4. Keep Your Eye On The Money...5. Home Sweet Home

Disclaimer:  All "facts" still come from wikipedia.com unless otherwise noted.

I have been very indecisive over the last week about what to post this week.  I almost had a totally different album written up but decided to go with this instead.  It's Theatre Of Pain by Motley Crue.  Tidbits:

• Theatre Of Pain is Motley Crue's third studio album.
  • It reached number six on the U.S. charts.
  • The album has been certified 4 X Platinum by the RIAA.
  • Smokin' In The Boys Room (a cover) and Home Sweet Home were the only two singles released from the album.
  • The former reached number 16 and the latter reached number 89 in the U.S.
  • The original intended title of the album was Entertainment Or Death.
  • The album is dedicated to Razzle Dingley of Hanoi Rocks, who was killed in an automobile accident in which Vince Neil was arrested for manslaughter due to driving under the influence.

So what do you think of the album? For me, it's okay.  I remember liking it a lot back when it came out, especially the video for Home Sweet Home.  My mind has told me for a while that this was much more polished than the first two albums, but when I listen to it now it is closer to those two albums than what came after it.  I still think Mick Mars is underrated, while I consider Vince Neil one of the worst vocalist to ever front a rock band.  Just an opinion folks.  

One other opinion.  Raise Your Hands To Rock sounds totally out of place on this album. That song and the album closer, Fight For Your Rights, ends this album on a very weak note.

1. City Boy Blues

2. Smokin' In The Boys Room

3. Louder Than Hell

4. Keep Your Eye On The Money

5. Home Sweet Home

6. Tonight (We Need A Lover)

7. Use It Or Lose It

8. Save Our Souls

9. Raise Your Hands To Rock

10. Fight For Your Rights

Views: 593

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Someone needs to take the Motley Crue quiz!

-- You scored --
70%

By answering 14 out of 20 questions correctly

I'm not listening to you anymore, Scott:

Which famous celebrity has not been linked to Tommy Lee ?
You answered
  • Pink
Correct answer
  • Heather Thomas
Well what do you know. .. I was wrong. ... first time for everything!

No... Just a recollection nothing more

Never bought this album. I bought SATD in 1984, but thought it was crap. I needed some new music when GGG was released, so I bought that one too. "Wild Side" was the only okay track on GGG. Then when I bought DF, and hated it, I never considered buying another Mötley Crüe-album ever again. Actually, it's not that many years ago, that I at last heard all of their debut-album, and even though it's not a classic, it's their best one without a doubt.

I can't remember, if I ever heard all of TOP, but I don't feel like listening to it right now.

According the The Dirt, they don't like this album themselves.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos