Classic Rock Bottom

Artist: AC/DC

Genre: Rock

Country Of Origin: Australia

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Member: Yes (2003)

Album: Back In Black

Producer: Robert John "Mutt" Lange

Release Date: July 25, 1980

Running Time: 42:11

RJ's Top 5 Songs: 1. Shoot To Thrill...2. Have A Drink On Me...3. Hells Bells...4. Back In Black...5. What Do You Do For Money Honey 

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it). 

Last week's AOTW was a sixties classic.  This week we have an eighties classic.  It's Back In Black by AC/DC.  Since AC/DC has been in the news a good bit recently, I thought I'd go there.  I actually feel like I've posted this album before, but it must have been on a previous site.  Everybody knows that Back In Black was the first album AC/DC released after the death of Bon Scott.  So we will just touch on a few tidbits first:

• Back In Black was a number four album in the U.S. (number one in Australia).
  • It is certified 2 X Diamond by the RIAA (actually 22 X Platinum). 
  • You Shook Me All Night Long and Back In Black were both Top Forty singles.  
  • Hells Bells didn't chart in the U.S.
  • Let Me Put My Love Into You was number six on the PMRC's Filthy Fifteen list in 1985.
  • Back in Black is also praised for its sound quality. In the years after its release, studios in Nashville, Tennessee (nicknamed "Music City") would use it to check the acoustics of a room, while Motorhead would use it to tune their sound system.
  • The music was written by Angus and Malcom Young.  The lyrics were written by Brian Johnson.

Look, this album is one of the greatest of all time.  It's one of the highest selling.  It's one of the most recognizable. I'm positive I've heard every song on the radio.  Not a bad track here.  So, what do you think of it?  Do You own it?  

Side One:

1. Hell's Bells

2. Shoot To Thrill

3. What Do You Do For Money Honey

4. Given The Dog A Bone

5. Let Me Put My Love Into You

Side Two:

6. Back In Black

7. You Shook Me All Night Long

8. Have A Drink On Me

9. Shake A Leg

10. Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do I own it?  Had it before Jon I'm sure!  Undeniably  this is Hard Rocks greatest album.  Whether you like another album better or not doesn't matter this is still the most significant Hard Rock album ever recorded... IMO

More significant than the debut album from Van Halen?

hmmmm.... arguably you may have a point. But I think Im right

Let's argue then.

You're wrong.

In all seriousness if you're talking about revolutionary albums you're right, but BIB sold more, had more radio influence (still does) and still sells.  More people have heard and owned ....

BIB - certified at 25.9 million is sales, could be more like 40 plus as claimed by others

VH - 11 million

Argument over...

Numbers mean nothing.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)