Album: Night Songs

Producer: Andy Johns

Release Date: August 2, 1986

Running Time: 36:05

RJ's Top 3 Songs: 1. Nobody's Fool...2. Somebody Save Me...3. Night Songs

RIAA Certification: Triple Platinum

Peak Billboard Chart Position: #3

Top 40 Singles: Nobody's Fool (#13)

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it). 

This week's Album of the Week is the second consecutive album from 1986 (last week it was Journey's Raised On Radio).  It's Night Songs from Cinderella.  A couple of days ago I asked folks to name a great rock album, and this was the first one listed that had not yet been featured in this forum.  Thanks go out to Scott Bedgood for helping me pick an album.

I remember this album coming out and really diggin' this band.  I liked their music as well as their videos.  I also remember thinking that this guy (Keifer) was gonna blow his voice out the way he was singing.  I believe that actually happened, but he seems to have worked through the issues as he released a solo album last year or the year before.  

Do you remember the album?  What did or do you think about it? If you don't already own it, you can pick up a brand new copy on Amazon for $3.99.

1. Night Songs

2. Shake Me

3. Nobody's Fool

4. Nothin' For Nothin'

5. Once Around The Ride

6. Hell On Wheels

7. Somebody Save Me

8. In From The Outside

9. Push, Push

10. Back Home Again

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like this album. I liked it back then, still like it today. There's some really good riffage on it, something that went missing on their other albums. Too many ballads and they got old really quick. The album cover is quite goofy though.

Great Debut album, from a Great band!!!

Confession time...

I didn't like Nobody's Fool.  Thought it was boring and way overplayed.  I did like Save Me and Somebody Save Me (He sure begs to be saved a lot on this album)  quite a bit but they were also overplayed ...  As a result I've never heard this album in its entirety.  But I did pick up Long Cold Winter

Night Songs was really good and Save Me still sounds good as well.  Love the geetarmanship and the riffage is aces.  Gotta say Nobody's Fool sound good but its still not that great of a tune for me.

Nothin' for Nothin' was OK, but Once Around the Ride is really good!  Love the geetarmanship on Hell on Wheels even though the chorus fell flat, the rest of the tune was right-on solid!

In From The Outside may be the best tune on here though.  Cool riff, funky undertone, killer geetar solo, and bluesy bluesy!  Love the two closers too.  Back Home Gain reminds of something but I cant place it!  Fun crunchy tune ...

Its not as good as Long Cold Winter to me, but that's only because I own LCW and have heard it repeatedly for years...  I will admit to missing the boat on this one though I am not sure I will purchase and fill the gap, unless the Price Is Right!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos