Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK # 407 GLASS TIGER - THE THIN RED LINE (1986)

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it) unless otherwise noted.

This week's Classic Rock Bottom Album of the Week is The Thin Red Line by Canada's Glass Tiger.  The album was released 32 years ago and is the band's debut, one of only three albums that they released.  

The album performed well in the U.S. and in Canada.  It was certified Gold in the former and 4 X Platinum in the latter.  It also reached number 27 in the States.  A total of five singles were released, with three of those breaking into the Top 40 in the United States and two of those three cracking the US Top 10.  Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone) hit number two while Someday topped out at number 7 (I Will Be There was the other Top 40 hit rising to number 34). 

• Did You Know: 
  • The band was nominated for a Grammy in 1987 for Best New Artist.
  • (I bet you did know this) Bryan Adams performed backing vocals on Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone).

The album is about three and a half dollars on Amazon.

Tracks:

1. Thin Red Line

2. Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)

3. Closer To You

4. Vanishing Tribe

5. Looking At A Picture

6. The Secret

7. Ancient Evenings

8. Ecstacy

9. Someday

10. I Will Be There

11. You're What I Look For

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I shouldn't, but I kinda dug this. Heard those hits before, don't believe I ever listened to the whole album and it really isn't that bad. There's not track(s) that totally underwhelmed me so I think that I'm getting old and soft even though this really isn't TOO soft. It actually kind of fits in whith what I listened to this week.

Of course there's always this from allmusic.com:

One can only imagine how many high school boys were beaten up by heavy metal cliques for admitting to like Glass Tiger in the mid-'80s, and even now they're still a guilty pleasure.

I remember the video for that second song and thought it sucked back then. Now, it's not too bad (the song, not the video since I can't remember it even though I could look it up).

I remember loving "Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)" but other than that I've never listened to anything from the band. I guess if I can find some time I'll have to check this out.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos