Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK # 428 THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND - THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND (1969)

Disclaimer: All info that does not reside in my brain is gathered from wikipedia.com (mostly because Jon can't stand it) unless otherwise noted.

Album: The Allman Brothers Band

Artists: The Allman Brothers Band

Released: 1969

Label: Capricorn

Producer: Adrian Barber

Chart Performance: #188 (US)

RIAA Certification: Not Certified

Singles: Black Hearted Woman

Notes: The following is a snippet that I pulled from Wikipedia:

The album was recorded and mixed in two weeks at Atlantic Studios in New York City. Much of its material was premiered live over the preceding months and combines bluesjazz and country music to varying degrees. It includes re-workings of "Trouble No More" and "Don't Want You No More," as well as notable originals such as "Dreams", which highlighted the band's jazz influence, and "Whipping Post", which became a crowd favorite. Although the group was arranged to work with producer Tom Dowd (whose credits included Cream and John Coltrane), he was unavailable, and they instead recorded with house engineer Adrian Barber. The album's artwork was photographed in Macon and surrounding areas.

Yep, I got really lazy this week.  The album is still available on CD.  You can get the remastered version on Amazon for $11.98.  

Side One:

1. Don't Want You No More

2. It's Not My Cross To Bear

3. Black Hearted Woman

4. Trouble No More

Side Two:

5. Every Hungry Woman

6. Dreams

7. Whipping Post

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, at least I didn't listen to this in 2019. At least it was only a few short months ago. But, I guess it's fine. Just adds another to my total.

Everyone knows this is a classic so there's really nothing much more to day.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos