Classic Rock Bottom

Once again, this year we will do a Top 10 Countdown right here on CRB.  As each album is revealed, it will be added to this thread until we reach the number one album.  The list was compiled through nominations and voting open to all CRB members.  If you took the time to nominate and vote, I want to extend my personal thanks to you.  

Be sure and click the album cover to get a review done by a member of the CRB staff.  We hope you enjoy the countdown and the final Top 10 list.

1. Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls

2. Steven Wilson - Hand.Cannot.Erase

3. Toto - XIV

4. Def Leppard - Def Leppard

5. Ghost - Meliora

6. Thunder - Wonder Days

7. Halestorm - Into the Wild Life

8. Sweet & Lynch - Only To Rise

9. Europe - War Of Kings

10. The Answer - Raise A Little Hell

Views: 1119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would love to hear that Knopfler since you rated it so high, what your thoughts?  I think his last couple of solo efforts have been slow and weak so I shied away

It's solid from beginning to end. Not a bad song on it for me. It reeled me in & never let me go. It has a pub feel, like sitting around the bar, drinking a beer & sharing stories. I've never been a huge Straits fan or overly fond of Mark's vocals, but this album won me over.
I like the song writing & I like his vocals. The songs are full of stories & have a nice melody to them. It's just a nice relaxing, feel good record. I don't see it ever getting old & it has entrenched it's way into my favorites rotation & I reach for it often.
I don't have a problem with the top 10, with the exception of Europe. Their effort was a let down to me.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos