Classic Rock Bottom

So after a couple weeks of some great discussion and better music were back to our trip around 1973. As you may recall the brain-trust on the site chose to exclude me from their little fling in the 80's and so they felt bad enough to invite me to their 90's party, but were rebelling and going the totally opposite direction.

So back to 1973 we go... Here's 3 great classic rock tunes (ones that actually qualify to be called Classic Rock, unlike what those other guys are posting)

PLAYLIST -->  http://snack.to/atn8w359

Blue Oyster Cult
Tyranny & Mutation

1 - O.D.'d On Life Itself

Finally got around to going through some of my now very robust BOC collection, thanks to the Columbia box of originals. And where the freak was I when this stuff was hot? Oh yeah, I was 8. Better late than never... These guys are so underrated, and this early stuff really has some killer geetar work and bluesy rock and roll. I'm hooked!

Foghat
Foghat

2 - Long Way To Go

Second album from Foghat and their second sefl titled release. My brother always called this album "Stone and Biscuit", I never got it until much later. And so for Jon's sake, the album cover is suppose to be a depiction of Rock and Roll. Anyway, more blues based rock, and here again geetar work that simple smokes!

Earth Wind and Fire
Head To The Sky

3 - Evil

Heres the wrench in this weeks playlist. I've always wanted to find a way to post this band. I'm what you would call a big fan! And they are so much more than Boogie Wonderland. Unique, talented, prolific songwriters, and these guys can jam. So since someone on here seems to think that only 3 people will listen, lets see of this "wrench" catches more...

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hot 70's chicks! YES!!!!

But why is one fully clothed?

Not sure but I should have cropped her out.

Starting from the left, I'll take number 2, 8 or 12.  Retro indeed.

First, I'd rank these:

1. Foghat

2. Blue Oyster Cult

3. Earth, Wind and Fire

The Foghat tune is very good.  I just ordered one of those little 5 disc sets on Foghat.  It had a self-titled Foghat, but it must be the other one you mentioned.  This song is not on it.  I need to invest some time in these 5 discs.  

The Blue Oyster Cult is good too.  I got that same Columbia Albums box and I've made it through the first 5 discs.  Like you, I was basically oblivious to BOC growing up, other than a couple of well known hits.  So far, I have liked everything I've heard in the box except for the second album.  For some reason, that one did nothing for me.

I think Earth Wind and Fire are cool, but this song did nothing for me.  I'm always open to hearing some more.  Nice post Scott.

I'll get around to the Foghat stuff and more of the BOC stuff.  But right now I'm on a major Cheap Trick kick.  Major.

I liked the Foghat the best, as well.

On the other rating....left to right...for me, it's 12 and 9, then 8 and 2. I have a thing for brunettes!

I bet Jon likes the EWF track, because it's ...  EEEeeeeevil!

Sounds like someone is sulking. Waaah! WAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

You weren't excluded, you just weren't invited. The final vote deemed that you weren't invite-worthy.

Now, with that out of the way, here's the real listing of these tracks:

1. BOC

Why? It's BOC. And it's evil.

2. Earth Wind & Fire

Why? It's jazzy. It's also evil, so sayeth the song title.

3. Foghat

Why? The album cover doesn't make sense. Plus, it's not evil.

I will not rank the women since that's sexist. Besides, one of them could be my mom.

Finally some love for EWF!  I should do a whole SHT list about them right?  right?  RIGHT?

RIGHT!!!!!

RIGHT!!!!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos