Classic Rock Bottom

2020 saw for the first time in... forever, a Top 10 list fully dedicated to Instrumental albums. Looking back, it wasn't a particularly fructiferous year, not more than any other 12 months in the past decade or two, but the products we were given were of exquisite quality. I even had one extra CD to play with these rankings. Outstanding!

OK. Let's do this:

REB

BEACH

A View From The Inside

TAKESHI

NISHIYAMA‎

Next Stage

DEE

DAMMERS

Bubbly Joyride To Utopia

MADS

ERIKSEN

Beast of Bergen

JOE

SATRIANI

Shapeshifting

KYOJI

YAMAMOTO

KIKO

LOUREIRO

Open Source

JOHN

PETRUCCI

Terminal Velocity

DEREK

SHERINIAN

The Phoenix

MARTIN J.

ANDERSEN

Victory In Motion

Tomorrow My Top 15 AOR/METAL Albums of 2020 List

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting list.

I used to love Joe Satriani's work but I stopped listening a few albums back. I went back and listened to the stuff I do have during all the downtime I had this year and rediscovered my love of those albums. But I don't know that I will be picking up the stuff I missed out on.

Funny thing about seeing you include the Reb Beach album on your list is that I could've reviewed the album for KNAC if I'd wanted it but I also could've scored an interview with Beach as well. I passed though.

Shame. I would have read your review and an interview with Reb. The truth is, Instrumental albums don't get much exposure, and when they do it's mostly from devoted fans, who aren't critiques. An opinion from a reviewer who is not necessarily into the genre, yet can listen and provide an unbiased opinion is always a welcome reading article. Maybe next time?

Never say never, but I

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos