Classic Rock Bottom

By "someone had to post 'em" Scott

Two new ones, both of which are generating a lot of talk!  What say you? Click an album cover to listen.

First up ...

Pink Floyd
The Endless River

1. Side 1, pt.2: It's What We Do
  2. Side 2, pt1: Sum
  3. Side 2, pt. 4: Anisina
  4. Side 3, pt. 4: Allons-y (1)
  5. Side 4, pt. 4: Louder Than Words

And then....

AC/CD
Rock or Bust

1. Rock The Blues Away
  2. Got Some Rock and Roll Thunder
  3. Hard Times
  4. Rock the House
  5. Emission Control

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AC/DC--Thumbs Up

It's a fine album! It sounds like AC/DC! Did it make my top albums of the year? Isn't the album cover cool? Don't you wish the album was longer? Know what my favorite song off this album is? HINT: It's not included here! Don't you think they should make an album with every song containing the word "rock" in the title? Will a hitman be sent after me because I'm asking too many questions? Is that too soon?

I like this album, a lot!  And it shook up my 2014 lists ...  Not a bad tune on it IMO!

Pink Floyd--Thumbs Up

I accidentally listened to this, didn't want to until I got it for Xmas. I wanted it when it came out but was beaten down and told there was no way I would get it until Xmas so I had to accept that, mostly because I was in so much pain. I like what I hear here, sounds like 70's-era PF and it sounds MUCH better than the last two PF albums. The last song seemed off, it sounded very tinny for some reason. Plus, I think it's better to hear the whole album in one sitting, some songs cut off quickly. But I like what I heard and hopefully the person who got me this won't beat on me for listening to this....

You know...  I tend to agree with you on this one.  First listen was strange, it got lost in the background but then I started to notice bits and pieces and with further listens it blended together quite well...  Not sure why the last song played funny for you.  Works fine for me...

Pink Floyd - Thumbs Sideways

I had no interest in this.  From what I understand, there are only two songs with vocals.  Even with it being Pink Floyd, I just am not much interested in an instrumental album.  I will say that the guitar playing is terrific, but you would certainly guess that to be the case.  The music that I heard on the first four tracks was screaming for some vocals.  I'll just leave it at that, no interest from me.

AC/DC - Thumbs Up

This, on the other hand, is superb.  I can't find much about it that I don't like.  The riffs are so cool.  And the songs are short and to the point.  Actually, in a bit of a twist for me, some of them may be too short.  I'd like to see a terrific song like Dogs Of War fleshed out a bit more.  Miss Adventure has a killer riff and is just a killer song.  I also like Rock The House quite a bit.  This is light years beyond Black Ass for me.

The Floyd album is going to be like this, some like some don't...  But fans will have to have it!

This ACDC release shook up my top ten after a couple of listens!  Stellar release!

FLOYD - 3 out of 6

I think, it's an unnecesarry album. It's outtakes from a boring album from the 90's, and this is boring too. I'm not THE biggest Floyd-fan, but I do think, that DSATM and WYWH are classic, classic albums, but I feel it's a waste of my time, listening to this one. Again: it's not bad, but it's not for me.

AC/DC - 4 out of 6

I still think, that there are 4 good tracks, and a couple of okay tracks and the rest is filler. I don't care too much for the lyrics, but the guitars are good, and a couple of the tracks have some pretty good riffs. I think, I've heard it 5 times or something like that now, and I will probably listen a couple of times more, and then never again. Then it's back to the Bon Scott-albums. If it enters my top 10, it's not because it's a great album, but because it's a weak year (and it is).

Maybe the remaining members of Floyd wanted Wrights work out in the public, I cant think of any other reason to work on these tracks ...  So I look at it like a tribute and for me its quite a good listen when the mood is right

Enjoyable post for me. The Floyd, while being mellow and somewhat slow paced, is still very "atmospheric", and I like that. I will have to hear some more of it before purchasing, but it is a possibility. I would have to hear some more that changed up the pace somewhat to make it a purchase.

The AC-DC is typical AC-DC. And nothing wrong with that. Almost assuredly, this will be a purchase. Best songs of the 5 posted here for me are the last two, "Rock The House", and "Emission Control". Upbeat with some cool riffage.

I am surprised at RJHog's comment about "Black Ice". I thought, and still think, that is a good listen, as well. Just like this release, it is typical AC-DC. I must say, in 40 years of rocking, they have stayed true to their sound, style, and substance. They never "caved in" to change their mantra. They are who they are. And that is a-ok with this fan of the band.

Overall excellent post.

Thank you sir!  Agree on both releases!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos