Classic Rock Bottom

What CD's or DVD's have you recently purchased?  And it doesn't have to be classic rock.  Let us know about any purchases that you think are worth sharing.

Views: 6297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I picked up brand new remastered editions of AC/DC's Fly On The Wall and Blow Up Your Video from eBay this week.

I stopped by my friend's record shop today. I hadn't been there for a while. I ended up filling in for him for a couple of hours as he set up and did soundcheck for a show he was doing a couple doors down from the shop.

He gave me the CDs I picked out as a thanks for helping him out.

Bad English - Backlash

Journey - Departure

Journey - Trial By Fire

Bon Jovi - Keep The Faith (remastered and unopened)

He also gave me a copy of a band that he wanted me to check out called Vessel Of Light. The album is called Thy Serpent Rise. It features Overkill's Ron Lipnicki on drums. Likely not something that will be right up my alley but I'll check it out.

I got my copy of the John Waite EP Anything in the mail today.

For a 4-song EP it was pretty expensive at 17 bucks, even though it came signed. But I bought it through Newbury Comics. If I'd bought it through his website it would've been about 30 bucks which is frankly ridiculous.

When I decided to buy the new Beth Hart CD, I looked around for prices and saw Newbury Comics having it with an autograph card for $19, I immediately looked for the same thing at Beth's website. She did not have the autograph option at all, nor the  CD option, so I went with Newbury comics and if she had it for $30 I would have bought it from her directly, for the most support... but I couldn't even figure out how to contact her personally. (OK, I wasn't looking that hard, either)

Now, you want to know what is ridiculous?
Stan Lee charging $250 for his signature.

You know what's insane?
CGC Signing event with Tom Hardy for $450 a pop. (And that's on TOP of their grading services).

As a veteran of a few comic conventions, I know all about the prices being charged for Stan Lee's autograph. I was at only one show where he was a guest and I couldn't get near him at all because of the price tag.

I picked up the new Def Leppard CD Diamond Star Halos today and a review of it will be coming to KNAC.COM in the near future.

I picked up a copy of the Def Leppard CD High 'n' Dry from my friend's record shop this weekend.

And today, a package of CDs I bought from our illustrious leader RJhog arrived on my doorstep. In the package were these rock and metal releases.

Cinderella - Heartbreak Station

Meat Loaft - Bat Out Of Hell II: Back Into Hell

David Lee Roth - Your Filthy Little Mouth

Skid Row - Subhuman Race

Dream Theater - Images And Words

Dream Theater - Awake

Also purchased from RJhog were the following more pop and country leaning releases:

Natalie Maines - Mother

Billy Pilgrim - Bloom (One of the most perfect albums ever!)

Belinda Carlisle - Heaven On Earth

Marc Cohn - S/T

Confederate Railroad - Notorious

Bruce Hornsby & The Range - The Way It Is

Mr. Mister - Welcome To The Real World

Big shout out of thanks to RJhog for selling these off to me.

I picked up the debut Lonerider CD Attitude today.

My copy of the A-Z self-titled debut album showed up today, almost a week early! YAAAY! This album features former Fates Warning drummer Mark Zonder teaming with Fates Warning singer Ray Alder for a hard rock project.

And though I didn't BUY this one, I also received a VERY rare CD in the mail today. It's the self-titled album from the band Ivory Tower. It came out in 2006. The band would later go on to become my big time favorite new to me band ILLUSORY!

And I was sent the album cover artwork T-shirt for my 2021 Album of the Year Crimson Wreath.

I picked up 3 new-to-me CDs today. 

Winger - In The Heart Of The Young

Winger - Pull

Def Leppard - Slang

I also picked up 5 used vinyl records and I'm thinking of writing an occasional series around them. I paid 2 bucks a piece for them.

I got three Rick Springfield albums: Working Class Dog, Success Hasn't Spoiled Me Yet and Rock Of Life. I also got the self-titled Mammoth and Phenomena albums.

I picked up the posthumous Jimi Jamison "lost" album Rock Hard.

And I got Lawyers, Guns & Money - Crime Fiction Inspired by the Music of Warren Zevon prose novel as well.

I stopped by Purchase Street Records today. My friend owns the shop so I try to shop there when I can.

Today I picked up:

NEW CDS

Grand Prix - S/T (Rock Candy)
Grand Prix - Samurai (Rock Candy)
W.A.S.P. - Double Live Assassins

USED CD

Dio - Lock Up The Wolves

USED CASSETTE

Billy Idol - Charmed Life

USED DVD

Armored Saint - Armored Saint Magazine - Lessons Not Well Learned (Came with a bonus 6 song live CD)

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos