Classic Rock Bottom

This week's new Cassette Chronicles article takes a first time listen to the Dirty Looks album Turn Of The Screw. You can check it out via this Limelight Magazine.com link.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have one Dirty Looks CD, but it ain't this one.
However, I did listen to "Turn..." Borrowed it from my friend together with their previous release "Cool From The Wire" and the later "Chewing On The Bit" CDs. I agree, they do sound like Kix, and after a prolonged listen they get boring like AC/DC. (:

Seriously, it's been a while I listened to it so can't really comment on your song-by-song assessment, but I did like these CDs enough to order the "One Bag Leg" CD from Columbia House Club. Yeah, it's been that long. Haven't listened to my CD either, in a good while. Maybe I'll spin it over the weekend.

Some feedback I got on social media definitely leans towards Cool From The Wire as their best album but I really did like this one a lot. If I ever come across CFTW I might check it out though.

I might not remember all the songs from all 4 Dirty Looks CDs I listened to, but I will second the importance of the CFTW album. I do remember liking that one the most.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos