Classic Rock Bottom

My turn, and the topic this week is... Top 5 Best Guitarists Of The 80's

But.....there's one rule: The guitarist must not have appeared on a "debut-record" earlier than 1/1-1980 and not later than 31/12-1989.

5. Jake E. Lee (Debut with Rough Cutt in 1981)

4. Steve Vai (Debut on Frank Zappa's "Tinseltown Rebellion" 1981)

3. George Lynch (Debut on Dokken's "Breaking The Chains" 1983)

2. Ty Tabor ( Debut on "Sneak Preview" 1983(? not sure if this was an official release?))

1. Nuno Bettencourt ( Debut on "Extreme" 1989)

And now it's YOUR turn to come up with something better, if you can!!

Views: 893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmmmmm, shouldn't it then be "Top 5 guitar-duo of the 80's"???? Maybe it's because I'm lousy at this languge? Should it had been "guitarist" instead of "guitarists" then??????

I was actually considering guitar-duo, and then my list would have looked very differently, with Leppard, Priest and Maiden-guitarists at the top.

Ups! Off course not Priest, because they are so much a 70's-band

That's why I said just take Hannon and Gillis if my top two were not acceptable.  I just don't know who is playing what when Ilisten to those bands.  But I listened to Midnight Madness last night and those two guys from NR just totally kill on the guitar.

Okay, I'm changing my official list.  Here is the revised list:

5. Warren DiMartini

4. Mick Mars

3. Jeff Watson

2. Slash

1. Nuno Bettencourt

I'm getting rid of the duo's, and since I don't know who played what, I'll just save them for the top guitar duo's list.  Plus, I really regretted leaving Slash off my list.  He and GNR catch a lot of crap (even from me), but his lead guitar work is really melodic.

Don't forget, if you are on Facebook please "like" this thread and share it with you FB friends.

brad gillis-nightranger

jimmy page---zepp;also the firm

rick emmitt---triumph

angus young----acc

george lynch----dokken

You MIGHT wanna check the rule yet again, Sussex  

And if I confuse people, please help me out, RJ? I know, that The Firm's "debut-album" is from '84, but Page's "debut"-album is from the '60's.

By the way, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Slash and Jake.E.Lee yet!!

Jake E. Lee is not for me.  But Slash and Mick Mars were on my shortlist.  I'm gonna have to re-evaluate and change my list now that Mike Mills has burst my Gillis bubble.

Sussex, 4 names on your list are ineligible, need to update and clarify the order.

As much as I love Brad Gillis, he was on the debut album by Rubicon in 1978. Doesn't that eliminate him?

Crap.  

Paul Dean was in Streetheart in the late 70's, was on their debut album that came out in '78 I believe.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos