Classic Rock Bottom

What is the best collection of talent to ever come together & form a band? This catagory's not about who was the most sucessful or who's the most popular, it's about talented musicians & which band had the best collection of them. So quite simply, vocals aside, name the bands that could flat out play?

Rules

1. No All-Star or Reunion Bands.

2. The musicians had to have recorded together at some point, during the bands career. Not looking for the band that had the most talented musicians pass through, during the course of it's career.

Here's My Stab:

5. Iron Maiden

4. Toto

3. Led Zepplin

2. Dream Theater

1. Rush

Anyone Else, Dare To Take Theirs?

Views: 6911

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love Cheap Trick, and they will definitely find a place on the list that I'll be putting up in a couple of weeks, but they do not belong on this list.

Unless there's a mad rush of lists with Cheap Trick in the top 5, then you'll all be shot down in flames!

If this was top 25, I would include Cheap Trick. As musicians I believe they are vastly underrated.

Me, shot down in flames?  What are you talkin' 'bout dude?

Sure. Why not?

Saga!!! Man, I thought about them! I love that band, now they played some cool stuff! ELP, is great! You can't argue the talent of those guys! Fleetwood Mac, Lyndsie Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, John & Christe Mcvie (Can we include Stevie Nicks & her mean tamborine playing?), very talented! If vocals were included, you would definitely have to consider them. Marillion, I haven't heard much of them, but what I've heard, I like!

I've never heard any Opeth, Therion or Savatage, but Savatage did have a very cool album cover in the "Best Album Cover" contest!

I didn't mention Cheap Trick, but it looks like Niels fully outlined them.

Just my 2 cents

By the way, I LOVE Cheap Trick. One of my alltime favorite bands.  

Hey, Jon & RJ! How about Saga "World's Apart" as Lost/Forgotten or album of the week? 

...or "The Beginners Guide To Throwing Shapes", but I don't think, Jon has got that one. I think, I've asked once before.

Or else Jon is pissed at me, because of my remarks about Roger Taylor and Cheap Trick

I'm sure one of us can oblige.

Not me, because I'm pissed off at Niels. Plus I don't have either of those.

You don't have Worlds Apart?  Would have never guessed that.  I'll post it Mike...stay tuned.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos