Classic Rock Bottom

What is the best collection of talent to ever come together & form a band? This catagory's not about who was the most sucessful or who's the most popular, it's about talented musicians & which band had the best collection of them. So quite simply, vocals aside, name the bands that could flat out play?

Rules

1. No All-Star or Reunion Bands.

2. The musicians had to have recorded together at some point, during the bands career. Not looking for the band that had the most talented musicians pass through, during the course of it's career.

Here's My Stab:

5. Iron Maiden

4. Toto

3. Led Zepplin

2. Dream Theater

1. Rush

Anyone Else, Dare To Take Theirs?

Views: 6911

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nope, I have Trust and 10,000 Days, had World's Apart on vinyl so it's all yours.

I'll counter with...Wishbone Ash!

Sagas debut is fantastic..

Thanks, looking forward to hearing it again & reading everybody's take on it.

5. Yes

4. The Band

3. Cream

2. Yardbirds

1. Jimmy Hendrix Experience

Cream and The Band (with or without Dylan) are good choices.

I pose a question for all the Cheap Trick fans out there.

Why has Cheap Trick never (at least that I know of) ever gone on a headlining tour? I swear I saw them at least 5 times opening for other bands. At least 5! But I've never heard of them or seen them be the headliner. Why is that?

One reason is because perhaps they feel they will get to play to a bigger audience if they tour with another "big name" act. They are coming to Atlanta this summer, opening for Aerosmith.I'm sure that there will be quite a few dates where these two play together.

It could also be financial of course. If they are the opening act, I would think their expenses are a little less, and maybe they get a good payday touring with other bands?

But last but not least (especially later in their careers)...I wonder why the Tricksters have never done (again, never that I know of) done a headlining tour in smaller venues? I would think they are doing ok financially by now, and I would think they would just LOVE to have a 90 minute to 2 hour set as a headliner.

Just curious about this.

They have done small headlining tours recently, believe they were special shows to celebrate something or other. I'm quite sure they've headlined in the past (could swear there was a huge Dream Police tour), maybe they didn't come to your part of the country?

Yardbirds, pre-Zep! They always had great guitarist, Clapton, Beck & Page! Good Choices! 

5. Rush

4. Journey

3. Cream

2. Beatles

1. Led Zepplin

5.  Toto

4.  Extreme

3.  Dream Theater

2.  Rush

1.  U2

Pretty eclectic list, I like it! Very technical! U2, gets it's first mention! The Edge, Sean Mullin & Adam Clayton, not a bad group!

I've been thinking about U2 as well, and they All are good musicians, but not good enough for my own top-5.

I've just been listening to Spock's Beard, and they are pretty good musicians also.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos