Classic Rock Bottom

What is the best collection of talent to ever come together & form a band? This catagory's not about who was the most sucessful or who's the most popular, it's about talented musicians & which band had the best collection of them. So quite simply, vocals aside, name the bands that could flat out play?

Rules

1. No All-Star or Reunion Bands.

2. The musicians had to have recorded together at some point, during the bands career. Not looking for the band that had the most talented musicians pass through, during the course of it's career.

Here's My Stab:

5. Iron Maiden

4. Toto

3. Led Zepplin

2. Dream Theater

1. Rush

Anyone Else, Dare To Take Theirs?

Views: 6908

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure why this reply reminded me of this band but the thought of Genesis came to mind.  No mention here at all...  hmmmmm

Genesis, not a bad call either.

I agree, Genesis are/were good musicians.

Also the version of Jethro Tull around the mid-seventies, incl. Barrymore Barlow on drums, and of course Martin Barre on guitar.

Time is running out to get your final lists in! I've noticed a few of our regulars still haven't submitted lists. Where are you Tage, Sussex & Lance? 

And I'm still looking for that elusive list from Randy Parker!!! Don't be shy, we will be kind. You can list Twisted Sister & The Vinnie Vincent Invasion. We won't Judge......

I don't want everyone looking at me funny for my love of W.A.S.P. and the Stray Cats.......

Only Jon looks at all of us funny!  Were all used to it...

Still no Top 5, c'mon Parker, where is it?

Did you add April Wine (The fake Def Leppard album), W.A.S.P. (Masters of Bates album should put them at the top) or Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction? Seriously, I am a little upset that you, Scotty nor Mike mentioned the 1981-1984 BHS Stage Band...now that was some real talent....do I need to list the musicians that went on to glory?

But, didn't the BHS stage band have a crappy sax player? That's what kept them off my list!

I know where that W.A.S.P. remark is coming from...but yet he still hasn't posted a list.

I think his list is probably in the same place that he's pulling that Blackie Lawless & W.A.S.P. suggestion from!

Love the Stray Cats!!!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos