Classic Rock Bottom

TOP 5 Rockin' Cartoon Themes From The 60's & 70's

Ok Scott, nobody was doing a Top 5, so I took the opportunity to do a sort of self indulgent list.

Rock & Roll has always had a huge impact on our culture, you can literally see it's influence everywhere. Rock has been used heavily in cartoons, as tool to appeal to the younger generation. Before all the techno sound effects, that accompanied the cartoons of the 80's & beyond, there was good 'ol guitar, drums & reverb! There was good stuff out there! I wanna' know, which cartoon themes of 60's & 70's, do you think rocked the best? 

The rules are straight forward:

1. It has to be an animated cartoon tv series from the 60's or 70's. I know that leaves out Sid & Marty Krofft, which I'm a huge fan, but we could do a Top 5 of just Sid & Marty Krofft themes.

2. It has to be an opening theme song, not a song within an episode or a closing theme.

Here's My List:

5. Spiderman

4. Josie & The Pussycats

3. Scooby Doo (Original)

2. Roadrunner

1. The Bannana Splits (Of Course)

Let's see yours!

Views: 2872

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

5.  Bananna Splits

4. Roadrunner

3. Josie & The Pussycats

2. The Archies - Sugar Sugar

1. Johnny Quest

Johnny Quest is is a great one, that definitely fits the catagory!!! Plus, I'm a huge fan!!! The Archies are another great choice!

This is Great!!! I Love how they play seductive music when they introduce "Race" Bannon!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos