Classic Rock Bottom

New Music Corner #182 (Flying Colors, The Pineapple Thief )

By "Prog Master" Scott

Time for another influx of Progressive music.  You know its been long enough between prog posts to start another run on Prog.  So here's two I've liked since first listen (still working on the second run through though).  I've employed Jon's tactic of posting every other track so as not to bias the listening experience.  Your job is to listen and share with everyone the truth according to you about these releases sending them to purchase or running back to the safe arms of the Ricky Nelson post in LAOTW.

I betting you stay here...

First up...

1. Mask Machine
2. The Fury of My Love
3. Lost Without You
4. Peaceful Harbor

Some snippets from amazon reviews...

• There's something on a Flying Colors record for everybody. These guys can play as well as anybody, and together they are somehow able to conjure a creative muse that results in music that is greater in sum than its musician parts.
  • That's just great prog.
  • there's a broader use of sonic textures in the songwriting and a great, natural sounding mix.

Now onto something new to this site, and that's...

5. From Me
6. Simple As That
7. Don't Tell Me
8. Seasons Past
9. The One You Left To Die

More snippets from amazon reviews...

• The heavy tracks really hit hard, while the more laid back do not disappointbat all. Musically diverse, great production, and a new drummer all add up to another tour de force from TPT
  • They change their direction with every album, but never go off track from their beautiful, melodic sound.
  • masterpiece.

What say you?  Click any album cover to listen....

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just wanna say: I agree 100% about the vocal distortion, or "singing through a phone". It annoys the shit out of me as well. Wasn't there a few songs like that on the new Slash-album?

And I started listening to Pineapple Thief and got through a few songs. I'm not sure, I'll continue, because it's...nothing special. Nice guitars, but overall a bit "for the youngsters" kind of fell (like Foo Fighters), I think, as in not for me. I rather use my time listening to AC/DC and Black Sabbath at the moment.

Or maybe check out the "new" Stevie Nicks and Weezer, and probably forget about the new SiXxAM and Bryan Adams, all out today.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos