Classic Rock Bottom

I wasn't really sure about the first song Cheap Trick released from their brand new album, No Direction Home.  But now that I've heard it a few times, it's very catchy.  But that's another subject, Dream Police is Cheap Trick's fourth studio album (fifth album overall).  Released back in 1979, it was a big hit for the band, topping out at number six on the Billboard albums chart and scoring a cool Platinum certification from the RIAA.  Two singles were released in the U.S., with both hitting the Top 40 (Dream Police at #26 and Voices at #32).  I loved the album cover back then, but it does look a tad cheesy now.  Nah, it's still cool.  If I remember correctly, and I usually don't, my cousin Steve had this on 8-track.  The reason I seem to remember that is that he played Gonna Raise Hell quite often in his car.  He was a couple years older than me and had just started driving.  I also seem to remember hearing Writing On The Wall as well.  I'd have to say this is a very good album. What would you have to say?  Oh, and I already have added a lot of songs to my Ultimate Cheap Trick Playlist, but after this album, the numbers will begin to drop (with a couple of exceptions).

Album Ranking:

1. In Color

2. Dream Police

3. Cheap Trick (1977)

4. Heaven Tonight

5. At Budokan (Live)

RJ's Ultimate Cheap Trick Playlist:

1. Hot Love

2. He's A Whore

3. Mandocello

4. Oh Candy

5. Hello There