Classic Rock Bottom

ALBUM OF THE WEEK #86 MYSTERY ARTIST - MYSTERY ALBUM (1972)

Artist: ?

Album: ?

Producer: ?

Band Members: ?/?/?/?/?

Singles: Track 4/Track 5

Best Single/Best Album Cut: Track 5/Track 7

Best Of The Rest: Track 1/Track 2/Track 8

RIAA Certification: Double Platinum
Album Cover: 5/10

So, like Jon, I'll start out 2012 with a little mystery.  The big difference is that as soon as the first track starts, you'll know exactly which album I've chosen.  Nobody will miss this.  This album went double platinum in the U.S.  It contains one of the most recognizable classic rock songs (riff included) of all time.  The question here is can you figure it out with the few hints I've already given, without listening first?

The original album had 7 songs, but I've included one bonus track because the guitar playing is so cool.  This bonus track appeared on the 25th Anniversary edition of the album, which is what I own on CD.  Lastly, the band was a Classic Rock Bottom Award winner in 2011.

So, can you figure it out before listening?  Either way, don't forget to actually listen to it.

Side One:

1. Track 1

2. Track 2

3. Track 3

4. Track 4

Side Two:

5. Track 5

6. Track 6

7. Track 7

8. Track 8 (Bonus Track - Original B-side to Track 4)

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was an easy guess (before listening!) because of the good clues given.

I may have said this before, but, I got to see Deep Purple live in 1974. Their set that night was close to 2 hours long, I'm sure, but only consisted of 7 or 8 tunes. All of them "expanded" versions, with longer lead sections.

And everyone...drums, bass, guitar, keyboards had a long solo, where everyone else left the stage. Pretty cool, but yet, personally, I'd rather hear more songs played at "normal" lengths. But a great show, none the less.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos