Genre: Southern Rock

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Member: No

Studio Albums: 10 (1975-1994)

Album: Strikes

Released: April 1979

Producer: Al Nalli

Singles: Highway Song/Train Train

Best Single For RJhog: Highway Song

Best Hidden Gem For RJhog: Wishing Well (Tough choice this week)

RIAA Certification: Platinum

Album Cover: 9/10

Jon and I have managed to finish out this tour together, lucky for us it was just a 2 week mini tour.  As we stay down south, this weeks attention goes to Blackfoot and their third studio release.  It's Strikes and it comes from 1979.  I'd say it was their biggest seller and highest charter (#42) as well. 

It's full of good southern rock.  It's really hard to pick just one hidden gem, as I Got A Line On You, Left Turn On A Red Light, Wishing Well and Run And Hide would all fit the pick perfectly.  The first song I remember is Train, Train, and that's because of the ultra cool intro.  But my favorite song from this album and from Blackfoot in general is Highway Song.  Great vocals, great guitar work and anything else you can think of.

It's very easy to find on Amazon, and decently priced at $7.99 if you are interested.

1. Road Fever

2. I Got A Line On You

3. Left Turn On A Red Light

4. Pay My Dues

5. Baby Blue

6. Wishing Well

7. Run And Hide

8. Train, Train (Prelude)

9. Train, Train

10. Highway Song 

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blackfoot was/is my favorite "southern rock" band...even more than Skynyrd or Hatchet. Probably because they were a little harder and heavier. Put on a great live show, as well.

No filler on this album, all good cuts!

So heres my story about Blackfoot.  They were on tour with Foghat as the opening act, I think it was in support of the Tomcattin' album after Highway Song had hit the charts and fell off.  Medlocke and his feathered friends hit the stage like thunder!  They stole the show easily!  And although when I look back and remember seeing Lonesome Dave and Rod Price fondly, it was Blackfoot that knocked it out of the park.

This is a classic album!  One that needs a remastering treatment, and then I would be forced to buy it again...

Nice post RJ!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos