Classic Rock Bottom

I've said it before, but in my opinon, 1981 was a GREAT year to buy "new" records, because so many of the albums, that was released that year, are still some of the best rock-albums ever released. And there were so many, that I have to appologize in advance, because I have 11 numbers on my list, even though it has to be 10, but I PROMISE, it won't happen again in the future, but this time, there were no other way for me. All of these records mean so much to me!! 8 of the 11 albums, I bought around the time, they were released, so I've lived with these albums since I was 16 years old. I've heard before, that the music you listen to when you're around 14-16 years old, you will allways tressure. It's true in my case.   

These are the tracks that I have choosen from my favorite 1981-albums:

1. Can't happen here - RAINBOW (Album - Difficult to cure)
2. Mirror, Mirror (Look into my eyes) - DEF LEPPARD (Album - High'n'Dry)
3. Voodoo - BLACK SABBATH (Album - Mob Rules)
4. Diary of a Madman - OZZY OSBOURNE (Album - Diary of a Madman)
5. Outlaw - RIOT (Album - Fire Down Under) 
6. With a shout - U2 (Album - October)
7. Murders in the Rue Morgue - IRON MAIDEN (Album - Killers)
8. Witch Hunt - RUSH (Album - Moving pictures)
9. I'm gonna win - FOREIGNER (Album - 4)
10. Dirty Movies - VAN HALEN (Album - Fair Warning)
11. On the run - JUDAS PRIEST (Album - Point of entry)

I hope you will take a listen to my list here:  

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh... I see, you really went back and reflected the time as if you were there. Now thats a pretty cool thought...
Just remember Niels, you didn't pick the wrong track because it's your list. Every track you picked was the right track for your list. When we say we would have picked another song, that's for our version of the same list. No choices here are right or wrong. That's the beauty of this forum.

I did it because when you set the category, in this example 1981, not only do I get to see what made you tick in 1981, it stimulates my brain to come up with what meant the same thing to me way back then.

So what you picked was not wrong.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos