Classic Rock Bottom

New Music Corner 109 - Deep Purple, Airbourne

2 New ones to digest, one highly anticipated and one good time rock and roll jam session...

Playlist -> http://snack.to/adhm2mmp

First up...

Deep Purple
Now What!?
April 2013

1. A Simple Song
  2. Weirdistan
  3. Body Line
  4. Apres Vous
  5. All The Time In The World

Now What?! is the 19th studio album by English rock band Deep Purple. It was released on 26 April 2013 and produced by Bob Ezrin. A dedicated official web site was also created by the band to post updates about the album. It is the band's first studio album in over seven years, since Rapture of the Deep was released in late 2005.

On 26 February 2013, the album's title was announced. Additionally, a new single featuring "Hell to Pay" and "All the Time in the World" was released in both CD and vinyl formats on 29 March 2013. The band confirmed that the new single "Vincent Price" will be released on June 7th as download, CD single and 7” transparent vinyl. Single will also include previously unreleased song "First Sign of Madness", two tracks from now unavailable Rapture of the Deep limited edition and video-clip.

Two songs are dedicated to Deep Purple founding member Jon Lord, who died in July 2012 - Uncommon Man and Above and Beyond, which includes the lyrics "Souls having touched are forever entwined". Uncommon Man is partly inspired by the classical composition Fanfare for the Common Man, and features a synthesizer-generated fanfare theme composed by Don Airey.

Airbourne
Black Dog Barking
May 2013

1. Ready To Rock
  2. No One Fits Me (Better Than You)
  3. Live It Up
  4. Cradle To The Grave
  5. Black Dog Barking

Black Dog Barking is the third studio album by the Australian hard rock band Airbourne and the follow-up to their 2010 album No Guts. No Glory.. The album is up for release in Europe and Australia on 20 May 2013, and worldwide on 21 May 2013.

The band had this to say about the recording of Black Dog Barking;

A lot of thought and effort has gone into this record not only by the band, but by the production crew who worked countless hours, seven days a week, even through Christmas and New Year’s Eve to achieve the best possible performances, backed by real undying tones. Now we’re handing it over to you… so crank it up, crack a beer and stick some rock ‘n’ roll in your ear!

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I totally knew what you were going to say about Airbourne before I even posted it.  hahahaha...

Deep Purple - I like this.  This CD is just easy to listen to.  I got it after both Jon and Scott, so I'm not in that competition.  I disagree with Niels on Morse, he sounds just fine to me.  Can't argue with the song selection at all.  That last track is so laid back.  And I love the line (I'm paraphrasing), "some days I sit and think, some days I just sit".   This will probably find a place comfortably within my Top 10 for the year.

Easily top 10 for me also...

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos