6. I Am Bulletproof

7. Wretched And Divine

8. Devil's Choir

9. Days Are Numbered

10. Lost It All

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think, that the Riverside-album is good. The track that appeared in SMASH OR TRASH was not Prog at all, but after listening to the whole album, it's definitely a prog-album. But it's too short. When I heard it, I was expecting at least a half hour more music. But it's not a purchase for me. I's good, but not that good, and when they are most proggy it's best. When they are not, they remind me of Black Country Communion, and there are enough of the Led Zep/Purple-wannabee-bands imo. If they stick to the Prog with a capitol P, I will check out the next release for sure.

Wow, I don't think of BCC at all.  I'm actually glad the album is the length it is.  It's about 50 minutes, which just about reaches the limit for me with a single disc.  Old school classic rock albums were usually 30 - 40 minutes long.  Of course, when I was a kid, I had more time to listen to albums, but they weren't as long as they are now.  You said another half hour, whick would put the running time at about an hour and twenty minutes.  For me personally, that's way too long.  Maybe if it was a double disc it would be okay.  I'm certainly not a prog expert, but prog isn't defined as being really long, is it?  

Oh well, I'm just yapping.

For some reason, I love long albums. I know it's a bit wierd, but one of the reasons, I bought "Genesis Revisited" was, that it was a double-album and almost 159 min. long. It also helårs that it was an extremely good Prog-album as well.
I'm waiting for the new Steven Wilson album, but I'm already dissapointed that it's only around 55 min. long. Why not put on two more tracks. I'm sure he has got something.
I know Neal Morse always try to fill out every space of the place, and his albums are either double- albums or 75 min. long, and the albums are great.
The reason why, I was dissapointed in the length of the Riverside- albums was, that it was best in the last half of the album, and most Proggy. A 20 min. great Prog- track at the end, could easily had made me buy the damn thing.

There is a second disc that has two songs, total length of around 20 minutes.  But it's instrumental and nothing to write home about.

For some reason, I can't reply on my computer, so I'll have to start a new "reply".

This is how weird I am:

I actually looked in Itunes to see, if that version of the album was awailable, even though I don't really buy music through Itunes anymore.(I have decided to buy less albums this year, but I want cd's again, not downloading anymore)
It wasn't, but If it was, I would consider a purchase once again, because now the album would be at around 70 min.

Am I the only one, that is THAT weird?

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos