Classic Rock Bottom

This weeks Hidden Treasure is an album that means a lot to me.  We all have them, albums that just resonate for whatever reasons and years later they still feel close to you.  So with that intro this week I've selected two choice treasures from ...

TOTO - Hydra

In 1978 Toto released their first single, titled Gorgy Porgy.  Not a song title that exactly screams "buy me", or "cool", especially for a seventh grader trying to fit in.  But then they then released Hold The Line and that got my attention.  But it wasn't until Hydra was released and the tune "99" hit the Top 40 charts that I really paid attention to this band.

I was in 8th grade at the time and had an older friend who had a drivers license, we'd cruise the local strip with tunes blazing.  For whatever reason, he loved the tune "99" and was the type of music listener that played the same songs over and over, and so he owned Hydra on cassette.  Predictably, this album played and played and played, but something weird happened...  it never got old and all the deep cuts got better and better.  And thus my admiration for Toto began.

So here's what I've chosen for you this week, two special tracks I think you'll enjoy...

Click to open Player

1. Hydra (7:31)
  2. Mama (5:14)

Enjoy!

Views: 308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You may really like their first two albums if you like this. Both are real solid top to bottom.

Plus Kingdom Of Desire and Falling In Between, both of those are very geetar-oriented.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Badge