Classic Rock Bottom

Enough of the talk, and on with the video's: 4 new(ish) and 3 classic. Here we go:

1. SIXX AM - LIES OF THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE

A new video/song from the coming new album "This is gonna hurt", release date May 3, 2011. It sounds a bit like Alter Bridge, I think, and that's not bad at all. Better than Crüe, anyway.

2. JOHN WAITE - IF YOU EVER GET LONELY

A new single from former The Baby's lead vocalist, from the new album "Rough & Tumble".

3. SKILLET - AWAKE AND ALIVE

This is an american christian metal band from Memphis, Tennessee. You probably know them, I don't, but this is from their latest album called "Awake" from 2009.

4. OZ - DOMINATOR

This is a metal band from Finland, that was first formed in 1977 and then spil in 1991. In 2010 the band re-formed and this is from their coming new album, released later in 2011.

5. OZZY OSBOURNE - I'M SO TIRED

And when you say Oz, you gotta say The Prince of Darkness, so here's a video from 1983, and a song from the album "Bark At The Moon", imo the last good Ozzy-album, but NOT as good as the first two albums, he released. I never saw this video before now. Cool!!

6. BEN FOLDS FIVE - ARMY

Yeah, I know: Neither of you will probably like this song/video, but I love it (the song), and I have some good memories from the time when I bought the album in 1999. It reminds me of the time, when I met my wife, so there. 

7. DESMOND CHILD - LOVE ON A ROFFTOP

When RJhog posted Ritchie Sambora's solo-album from 1991 yesterday, I thought of this album right away. I had this album on cassette, and heard it many times during that summer. A rather good album, I think. RJhog did'nt know it. Anybody else?? Sorry about the quality, but I can't help it.

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sixx AM--1 point

First thought I was watching an infomercial. I didn't mind the pictures except for the band pictures as they struck numerous poses. Whatever. The singer annoyed me at first but towards the end I kind of liked him. Hey, I liked Crue's last album, my favorite since "Shout At The Devil" (which I kinda find annoying nowadays). Am not counting the Corabi disc since, to me, that is the best Crue album of them all. Anyway, song wasn't too bad.

John Waite--0 points

Song was a bit boring? Video was a video. Jack Sparrow? Because of what he's wearing?  I had Journey flashbacks when they were all performing close to the wall. This song does not make me want to buy the album, even though I wasn't intending to.   

Oz--1 point

Oh, why not? Some old school metal from guys that are, what, 50+? Why not? I gues it's better without the video (but the wummen...) the song isn't the greatest, but it's not horribly bad. Gotta give props to bands that still want to rock out, no matter their age. 

Ozzy Osbourne--point -1

This song is the reason I don't like that album. Just hated that song and still do in a way. I would go -2 for the whole shebang but I like the eye-work from Ozzy, so will give it a point just for his creepy eyes.

Ben Folds Five--1 point

Fun video, fun song! I think his voice would wear on my after awhile though, so won't rush out and buy any BFF albums. But really dug the song. It's also reminds me of the time...oh, nevermind.

Desmond Child--2 points in the negative

This is an 80's song that..wait! SAX SOLO! 80's song that came out in the 90's...whoooaa whooooa whoooooaaaa...Dude, don't try to dance! Chicks should have dug this, but don't think they did...whooooa whoooooaaa whoooooaa....(is that how you spell it? need to look at the lyric sheet). Nice hat too.  

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos