Classic Rock Bottom

Here we go again: 5 new video's and 2 classics:

1. SERJ TANKIAN - GOODBYE - GATE 21

Singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, political activist and SYSTEM OF A DOWN frontman Serj Tankian releases his digital-only “Imperfect Remixes” EP today(!) on Serjical Strike/Reprise Records. The video for the lead single, “Goodbye – Gate 21 (Rock Remix)”, which features Tom Morello, is this week's first video.

2. SHAKRA - BACK ON TRACK

“Back On Track”, the new video from Swiss hard rockers SHAKRA. The song is the title cut of the band’s new album, which was released on February 25 via AFM Records. The CD marks the recording debut of new vocalist John Prakesh, who joined SHAKRA last year.

3. KOPEK - LOVE IS DEAD

Kopek are an irish rock band from Dublin. This is from their debut-album from last year "White Collar Lies".

4. THE BLACKOUT'S - HIGHER AND HIGHER

This is a "post-hardcore/hard rock" band from Wales. This is the title-song from their new album.

5. RIVAL SCHOOLS - WRING IT OUT

This is a post-hardcore band from New York, and this is from their comin album "Pedals".

6. LIVING COLOUR - CULT OF PERSONALITY

A true classic(?!) from 1988, I think. I bought the album, but did'nt really like it. Do you?

7. THE MISSION - TOWER OF STRENGHT

The original version of this song was released in 1987, and I loved it, played it over and over. This version is NOT as good, it's a 1994 remixed version, but I felt like posting this song, and therefore this video.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Serj Tankian (2 points)

I like this a lot.  Which is strange,because I have the original "Imperfect Harmonies" album and didn't like it at all.  I bought it on the strength of his previous solo album, which I may post as AOTW one of these days.  I went to my iTunes to see if the original song was there (not this remix).  It was, but I had not been able to make it far enough through the cd to hear it.  It's the same song without the guitar, which by the way, rips of an Audioslave guitar solo (which is not surprising since it's Tom Morello).  I feel like I've said too much, so I'll end by saying that the chick in the video is very hot.

Shakra (1.25 points)

The song rocks while the video does not.  The only cool thing about the video was the cameraman on the front of the fast moving train.  Musically, this band is worth checking out.

Kopek (1.5 points)

Video rules because of...well, you know why.  The song started out rubbing me the wrong way, but the longer I listened, the more I like it.  The band sounds like it's full of potential to play good modern rock and roll.  I will check them out further as well as Shakra.

The Blackout (1.5 points)

Is this band more like Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park? I'm not sure.  Look, the video was cool.  The song had it's moments.  The drums rocked.  It had the little rap thing towards the end which didn't help.  I'm not totally against the power rock/rap thing so I just don't know.  I didn't hate it, but didn't completely love it. 

Rival Schools (0 points)

Nope.  This doesn't work for me.  Hasn't that video already been done as a movie that was much better than that video?

Living Colour (2 points)

Killer song, cool video.  I always love old black and white video footage, so this rocks.

The Mission (0 points)

Is this band a U2 knock off?  I've never heard of them, but I only see U2 here.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos