Classic Rock Bottom

I think this CD has some hidden gems on it. I listened to this last night, I found it last week used. I am going to go through the rest of my Warrant CDs today (D.R.F.S.R., Cherrie Pie, Dog Eat Dog) and make my own compilation CD. I'll post my favorite pics from those albums on here later.

I will sample the rest of the Warrant CDs on Spotify and see if there are any other songs of worth. I also have the release with Jamie St. James on vocals (Born Again) but I have not listened to it yet.

R.I.P. Jani Lane.

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've never been much of a Warrant fan (other than the song Uncle Tom's Cabin), but I do like last year's release with Robert Mason on vocals.  And I'll second the R.I.P. Jani Lane.

Rockaholic, I wasn't much interested in that one. But I have not listened to it, so I can't say if it is good or not.

I think D.R.F.S.R. is a solid CD, nearly perfect, from front to back. One of the few CDs where every song is good. That one is really worth giving a chance. I mean, Heaven, come on. That is such a great track!

Cherrie Pie, take it for what it is. Uncle Tom's cabin is a great song for sure though.

Dog Eat Dog, I never had it 'till last year. It is kind of hit and miss, but I'm sure I'll find some songs of worth on it.

I've noticed Dog Eat Dog is a favorite of many folks.  Maybe I'll check that one out.  I can't help it, but I just don't like the song Heaven...I'd actually rather hear Cherry Pie.

As far as Rockaholic, I featured it in NMC last year, click here if you wanna check out 5 of the songs.

It looks like Rockaholic has the same singer as Lynch Mob from the second album and ReVolution. I liked L.M. Dream Until Tomorrow (another LOST radio song). I like this, but it just reminds me of Lynch Mob.

This isn't one I will buy unless I find it used or cheap. But I do wish the local rock station would play stuff like this more.

Life's A Song, I can see why they picked this one for a single/video. I might download this song from Itunes once I get an ipod going for the car.

Cool! I'll definitely check out this video! "Life's A Song" is the reason I bought Rockaholic.I just really, really like the vocal harmony on this. And yes, I think Robert Mason is a very good vocalist! I have his stuff with Lynch Mob as well.

I listened to Dog Eat Dog last night. It is a heavier Warrant recording. In my opinion D.R.F.S.R. is their best. But my favorite songs from Dog Eat Dog are as follows.

Let It Rain.

The Bitter Pill

Andy Warhol Was Right

I think these songs show the most heart in their songwriting. April 2031 is also really good. It's not a bad CD to sit down and listen to. I don't like Inside Out AT ALL! Otherwise, a good album.

1. Machine Gun
2. The Hole in the Wall
3. April 2031
4. Andy Warhol was Right
5. Bonfire
6. The Bitter Pill
7. Hollywood (So Far, So Good)
8. All My Bridges are Burning
9. Quicksand
10. Let It Rain
11. Inside Out
12. Sad Theresa

I took a chance on "Ultraphobic" years ago, and I do like it a good bit. I would say it has been in medium rotation. Can't recall if I found it in a "cut out" bin or not, but I'm glad I bought it. I really like a more mellow song on this release, as well...called "Chameleon".

But I agree with you, Van...this is a good release. I also always liked D.R.F.S.R.

And like RJHog, I got "Cherry Pie" for the "Uncle Tom's Cabin" track. Dont listen to the CD that much though. But I do really like the newest one, "Rockaholic". Never would have bought it without the NMC posting!

I'm going to check out Rockaholic and a few other Warrant CDs on Spotify. I'm just going through what I already have to make a compilation CD! :)

Listened to Cherrie Pie today. There are some good songs on this one too.

Uncle Tom's Cabin, I Saw Red - both missed from the radio.
Blind Faith, Song and Dance Man and Mr. Rainmaker are also really good songs

I have the edited version, so my CD has BLEEPS at the first of Train, Train, and I have no Ode to Tipper Gore. I don't mind the edited version! :)

1. Cherry Pie
2. Uncle Tom's Cabin
3. I Saw Red
4. Bed of Roses
5. Sure Feels Good to Me
6. Love in Stereo
7. Blind Faith
8. Song and Dance Man
9. You're the Only Hell Your Mama Ever Raised
10. Mr. Rainmaker
11. Train, Train

RSS