Classic Rock Bottom

Well, all things must end eventually and this is the end of our mini-jaunt thru Rose Tattoo's catalog.

This is the last Rose Tattoo album released, at least for now. Supposedly there was a new album to be released in 2012, but I haven't seen anything listed. Doesn't mean much since we seem to get short shrift on overseas rock releases, but that's just the way it is. 

"Blood Brothers" was released in 2007 and it a bit more polished than their previous releases. Not saying that they wimped out but it seems a bit less punkish, especially compared to the previous release, "Pain".

For those that haven't liked any of the previous Rose Tattoo albums posted, you might be surprised at this. Tell me your feet don't start tapping with track #3, "Once In A Lifetime". Tell me that and I will legally declare you dead. 

Also notice the complete lack of slide geetar! None at all!* 

I got this album a few years ago and while stuck in traffic it came up as it's turn to play. At first I had no idea what I was listening to, but was blown away. I still am and this is my favorite Rose Tattoo album. There are just so many catchy tunes here it's unbelievable.

So there you have it. You now can say you KNOW WHO ROSE TATTOO ARE!

WARNING: There may be some language on this album that will offend those who find such things offensive, especially the last song.

Blood Brothers

1. Black Eyed Bruiser
2. Slipping Away
3. Once In A Lifetime
4. 1854
5. City Blues
6. Sweet Meat
7. Man About Town
8. Creeper
9. Stand Over Man
10. Nothing To Lose
11. Lubricated

Availability: There are two versions, the regular version as well as the "Special Tour Edition" (which I have and is pictured below) which includes a DVD of their live show at Wacken in 2006. Both are OOP and running around $30.

*I'm a lying bastard.

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll give you this one Jon.  This is much better than all the previous albums.  They went from sounding like AC/DC wannabees to sounding like Nazareth wannabees.  The Nazareth version sounds better.  Here are some thoughts:

• Out of 11 songs, I'm giving 3 check marks to 6 of them (1,2,3,5,8 and 9).  Only 2 "not good at all" songs (6 and 11).  
  • I love the riff on the opening track.  Very strong.
  • Once In A Lifetime is where I really start to get that Nazareth feel.  This could have easily been a Nazareth track.
  • Creeper has a real  sleazy Southern Rock feel to it.  It also makes me think of my youngest son, because he's really into Scooby Doo right now and I keep seeing "The Creeper" on the show.
  • Standover Man is the best track here.

Like I said earlier Jon, this is much better.

OK OK OK!  Its better!  Way Better actually...  Sounds like they sobered up long enough to actually write some decent tunes...

Its still just an OK listen though I did like some of the riffage.  Angry is not easy to listen to though he is understandable on this release.  I didn't get the Nazareth feel that RJ did, this was more of a "Beatin Around The Bush" with some "The Jack" like blues ACDC knock off for me.

Nice series this Rose Tattoo has been, now I need to look for a Tattoo removal doctor...

What a great album. I wasn't aware they had put anything out since the 80's. There's not a band tune on the entire album except for maybe the last one. Way too fast to hear him singing. Gotta love when a band like this can still crank out some great tunes, although it's only Angry who is left in the band seeing as everyone else has died. Good post.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos