Classic Rock Bottom

First off, I want to thank all those that listened to last week's Goddo post. It makes all that hard work worth doing. Thanks, Rjhog!

Seems some folks here are on a prog kick. Prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog,prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog and.....prog. That's what everyone's talking about.

Oh yes, forgot: PROG.

Of course, I'm just the one to follow everyone's lead. So this week, we have the self-tltled debut m Network. You know, that band with the proggy band name and the proggy album cover. What's even better is that this album comes from 1977 so it's really OLD prog, right?

Wish I had a picture to post of the band since they were so prog-looking. Alas, nobody has taken the time to post a picture for me to "borrow". That's a shame since their band photos out-prog the proggiest of prog bands, even Eloy. 

So, for all you prog fans out there, click the album cover above to listen to a dose of 70's prog! And, if that's not enough, next week is the followup from Network which is more proggy than this!

Network

1. You Lied
2. So Far Gone
3. Save Me, Save Me
4. Holly
5. Without You
6. Go Find Another Lover
7. Don't Leave Me Alone Tonight
8. Fly Away
9. Backseat Driver

Availability: Both albums on one CD for around $10? Sign me up!

Okay. Keeping it totally serious, dancing is so caustically obscene.  

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since I listened to Goddo, somebody else has to listen to Network.

And by the way, I did get through a few tracks of Goddo.  It has been a long work week and Im way behind on a lot of topics on here....

Disco Prog!!!  YES!

• I love that the longest Prog tune on here is 5:21! 
  • Outta Sight Jon!  Eloy who?
  • Save me Save me sounds like Dan Hartmans old Instant Relay tune!  I wanna breakout my old hash jeans and get down!
  • These guys are so prog that hard core proggers dont even know about them!
  • Neither does Wiki!!
  • Complex time changes at the end of Holly!  Signature prog!!
  • Killer riffage in Without You as well. and then that really really fast bridge work and geetar solo.  Prog to the extreme!
  • OK, I kinda like Go Find Another Love - seriously...
  • Voice effects, and they sound top o' the line!  very prog!
  • And now we get to the 5:21 extended jam.  Very moody and complex with some wocka wocka geetar hidden in the many many layers or complex prog mixing!

In all fairness, its not really that bad of a listen.  I did enjoy being transported back in time.  And this is a period piece for sure!

So you're saying this is prisco?

Yes.... Precisely

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos