Classic Rock Bottom

First off, I want to thank all those that listened to last week's Goddo post. It makes all that hard work worth doing. Thanks, Rjhog!

Seems some folks here are on a prog kick. Prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog,prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog, prog and.....prog. That's what everyone's talking about.

Oh yes, forgot: PROG.

Of course, I'm just the one to follow everyone's lead. So this week, we have the self-tltled debut m Network. You know, that band with the proggy band name and the proggy album cover. What's even better is that this album comes from 1977 so it's really OLD prog, right?

Wish I had a picture to post of the band since they were so prog-looking. Alas, nobody has taken the time to post a picture for me to "borrow". That's a shame since their band photos out-prog the proggiest of prog bands, even Eloy. 

So, for all you prog fans out there, click the album cover above to listen to a dose of 70's prog! And, if that's not enough, next week is the followup from Network which is more proggy than this!

Network

1. You Lied
2. So Far Gone
3. Save Me, Save Me
4. Holly
5. Without You
6. Go Find Another Lover
7. Don't Leave Me Alone Tonight
8. Fly Away
9. Backseat Driver

Availability: Both albums on one CD for around $10? Sign me up!

Okay. Keeping it totally serious, dancing is so caustically obscene.  

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Doobie Brothers? Well, I guess listening to the song kinda, in a way but it's not PROG. APP is not disco though. I can't find that Return To Forever song on youtube, I have a couple albums and they're jazz fusion so that would be kinda interesting. Todd Rundgren I could understand since he's done almost every type of music imaginable, Utopia even had a disco album.

So the list of Disco Prog is pervasive!  Those sneaky disco song writers really worked their magic back then didnt they?

Plan on getting to this after lunch.

Hmmm...guess I misunderstood.  I thought this was prog. But:

• I hear disco.
  • I hear pop.
  • I hear nice harmonies.
  • I hear really, really good guitar work.
  • So Far Gone should have been a Hall And Oates song.
  • Save Me, Save Me should have been a Bee Gees song.
  • Holly is not a good song.
  • Without You has exceptionally superb guitar work and should have been a Little River Band song.
  • Backseat Driver should have been the theme song to a late 70's, early 80's police television show.
  • This was better than that Raven album.

Save Me, Save Me was co-written by Andy Gibb, but you probably knew that.

I knew that... I was just waiting to see if RJ picked up on it.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos