Classic Rock Bottom

A little departure this week since we're honoring our friends from overseas, particularly those in the Nordic countries and even more particularly those in Denmark!

Even though this album came out in 2008 and probably doesn't fall under the "forgotten" category", it could fall under the "lost" category since I don't believe a lot of folks here have heard this album, much less this band.

Ahh yes, we're talking about what I promised: VIKING MUSIC! Music to swill beer (mead?) to! Music to go on a journey in order to pillage and plunder! You know, the GOOD STUFF!

Selvom Korpiklaani er fra Finland og ikke fra Danmark, jeg har ikke noget viking musik fra og danske bands, så forhåbentlig vil dette do.If ikke, jeg ydmygt bøje sig for alt, hvad jeg fornærmet.

Denne udgivelse med titlen "Korven Kunigas", kombinerer metal, folkemusik og hummpa med masser af harmonika. Hvem elsker ikke harmonika, især med nogle tunge geetar?

Selv med størstedelen af den musik, sunget på finsk, er det temmelig opløftende ting. Måske er det bare mig, men det er en stor fest album. Smid denne CD i, skrue op for lydstyrken, finde nogle øl og kåd kvinder, starte et bål og dans som om der er nogen i morgen!

Korven Kunigas
1. Tapporauta (Killing Iron)
2. Metsämies (Forest Man)
3. Keep On Galloping
4. Northern Fall
5. Shall We Take A Turn?
6. Paljon On Koskessa Kiviä (The Rapid Has Many Rocks)
7. Ali Jäisten Vetten (Under the Icy Waters)
8. Gods On Fire
9. Kantaiso (Ancestor)
10. Kipumylly (Mill of Pain)
11. Suden Joiku (Yoik Of The Wolf)
12. Runamoine
13. Syntykoski Syömmehessäin (Rapid Of Birth In My Heart)
14. Korven Kuningas (King of the Woods)

Availbility: Readily available at fine merchants!

MSoTW: Nope, none this week but last week's is still out there. Now think of a couple women in Superman and combine parts of their names.

Special bonus: Since she has a new show premiering this Sunday and some folks here think she's wicked cool, why not a picture?

Views: 325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I actually like this! The singer was hard to stomach at first, but he began to grow on me. The music & songs were good! We have a local Irish pub, I could see listening to these guys there!

I love JLH...

I don't love this album post.  It's somewhat cool musically.  But I wouldn't like it vocally if it was performed in good 'ole southern-red-neck drawl that I could actually understand.

Having said those things, it's my turn to give Jon some props.  First, pic choice this week was brilliant.  You totally rule for choosing that picture.  Second, you are truly a fan of music.  You have more off-the-wall stuff than anybody I know, and that makes you pretty cool in my book.  Keep rockin' it bro!

You made me cry....Thanks, man!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos