Classic Rock Bottom

This week we're going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to 1991 and the self-titled and onluy album from Shadow King, featuring some singer guy from some band called Foreigner and some guitarist guy that would later join some group called Def Leppard. 

I dunno...I don't like it. But my thinking was, since they only put out one album, they must not have been really that popular and since the album is out of print, must be something a little lost and maybe forgotten?

Still...I don't like it. Just doesn't click with me. Not that I want to trade it or get rid of it, 'cause that's not how I roll. I have stuff I don't like that I keep, stuff like Def Leppard's "X" & "Adrenalize", 

Aerosmith's "Honkin' On Bobo", Van Halen's "III" and many more with the thought process being, as I get older, maybe I'll appreciate those albums more. Ain't happened yet though but I still have many miles to go before I sleep.

Now, note how I ended that last, long-winded paragraph: with a literary quote (kind of). That's just to show that I'm "hip", if you know what I mean. 

But yet...I still don't like this album.

So here's my review of this album: kinda sucky Foreigner.

And I don't like it.

Shadow King

1. What Would It Take

2. Anytime, Anywhere

3. Once Upon A Time

4. Don't Even Know I'm Alive

5. Boy

6. i Want You

7. This Heart Of Stone

8. Danger In The Dance Of Love

9. No Man's Land

10. Russia

MSoTW: Tried the hard route and lost. Back to the easy stuff. Oh well.

Availability: OOP, but can be had for around 5 bucks. But why?

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He's just mad because he didn't think to make a Judas Priest song the mystery song.  Think about it...he could have easily gotten me that way.
Oh I will...when we get rid of that fishy fish fish smell.

I bought this album way back when I stumbled on it. I thought, Vivian Campbell on guitar? I gots ta have it! But, yes, it was a deep disappointment. Its now in never ever rotation!

But, there were 2 songs worth listening to, in my opinion. "Anytime, Anywhere", and "I Want You" are pretty good. But the rest is not worth the time.

Just to make this clear, if I haven't already...I don't like this album.
Well, as usual, I have a totally different opinion of this album.  I like it.  The first half is pretty dang good.  There are a couple of filler tracks on the second half, but This Heart Of Stone and Russia are good songs.  I'm really surprised that all 3 of you guys (Niels, Jon and Scott) don't like this.  Lou's voice is great with the exception of "Boy", where he sounds like Coverdale on Forevermore.  The guitar playing is good as well.  Wow, I can't believe none of you like this.  Oh well, such is the joy of music, one man's treasure/another man's trash and all that philosophy.
I didn't like this? Oh yeah, I didn't.
...and I still don't understand.
Just has never clicked. Never, ever, ever.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos