Confessions (Possible NSFW lyrics)

1. Nothing Left But Tears

2. Greed 

3. Water

4. Seven Ways To Die

5. Pride

Various Artists

Sound City Real To Reel Soundtrack

6. Heaven And All (Robert Levon Been/ Dave Grohl/Peter Hayes)

7. The Man That Never Was (Grohl/Taylor Hawkins/Nate Mendel/Pat Smear/Rick Springfield)

8. Your Wife Is Calling (Grohl/Hawkins/Alain Johannes/Smear/Lee Ving)

9. From Can To Can't (Grohl/Rick Nielsen/Scott Reeder/Corey Taylor)

10. A Trick With No Sleeve (Grohl/Joshua Homme/Johannes)

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just saw Sound City "Real To Reel" on blueRay, and it was good. One of the best scenes though, was one of the outtakes, where Rick Nielsen was playing on Grohl's guitar, and Butch Wig and Grohl thought Nielsen was playing awesome, and Grohl shouted "What are you doing to my guitar?"

I haven't heard the album yet, but of course I've heard the songs, that was in the movie. The Rick Springfield-track sounded good, as did the Stevie Nicks-track. "Your Wife Is Calling" is good too. A fast kind of punkrock-track. I've never heard of Lee Ving, though. Corey Taylor from Slipknot is actually a pretty good singer, and that track is good too. I don't think it's a purchase. I've got the movie, that's enough.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I really want to.  That Springfield track is smokin!  He and Grohl should do a full album together.

Lee Ving was in a punk rock band years ago, think it was Fear?

It was, but I've never heard of the band Fear? According to Grohl, they made the best punk-rockalbum ever, right in Sound Studio's years ago. I don't really care, because punk rock is not really my scene, so one song at the time, is more than enough. But is was cool to see, again from one of the outtakes from the movie, how they actually created "Your Wife Is Calling" in the studio. 

I think the biggest thing about Fear was what happened when they were on SNL. They were never BIG big, but they did have a following.

Buckcherry--thumbs meandering up

But you know, I think if you own one Buckcherry album, you own them all. And I have two, so I own all of the X2! First four songs sounded like Buckcherry, the last one was a bit of a departure. Kind of a mellow, non-party song for them. These songs aren't bad at all. Purchase material? No, cause I already own 2!

I would have totally agreed with you on Buckcherry before this album, but I think the songs here are much better.

Sound City--Thumbs Down

So every song has to sound like something from the Foo Goo Fighter Dolls? "From Can To Can't" had promise and then it just went to crap-city. The rest all sounded the same. I did like to song with Sir McCartney, but the songs here have no interest to me at all.

THIS makes Buckcherry that much better! Kinda like S.U.N. and The Virginmarys!

SOUND CITY ... Two Thumbs jammin'!!! 

I went straight to this one because I wanted to hear it most!  And that opening riff tells me I made the right choice!  Not a bad tune in the bunch!  I like this a lot.  Grohl truly belongs amidst the great of all time!!!  The only question I have is Blu-Ray or CD?

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos