6. Watch The Corners

7. I Know It Oh So Well

8. Pierce The Morning Rain

9. Recognition

10. See It On Your Side

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's 2:30am & I'm listening to & liking some Dead Sara!

Dead Sara--Thumbs Up

Damn, this chick has got one hell of a voice. Very emotive voice, she sucks you into the music. She reminds me a bit of Maria Brink from In This Moment. Nice geetar work as well, I love women that rock and play geetar! "Timed Blues" is a killer song, anyone that doesn't like it is silly and not my friend. 

"..anyone that doesn't like it is silly and not my friend". Jon, are you sirious? Are you ever?? I thought we were DTP-buddies (and no, that doesn't stand for something pervese)

"(and no, that doesn't stand for something pervese)"

...yes it does.

You ignoramus, you.

DTP buddies? Ewwwwwwwwww....oh. Yeah, we are.

I still think you need to re-listen to "TImed Blues". Really. Then get back to me.

Once again? No, chance

I don't know about you now....

I loved the Dead Sara! The vocals were powerful & seductive, with the exception of Monumental Holiday, where I felt she was just screaming at me. Musically, it sounded very good as well, with some interesting guitar stuff. This is definitely something I would listen to! As far as Dino Jr. goes, it started out & I said this sounds alright, but by about the 2nd or 3rd song, I was already tired of it & looking to see how much listening time was left. I may revisit it & give it a 2nd try, but I wasn't impressed with the first listen.

DEAD SARA - 1 out of 6 screaming bitches

Oh, I can feel, that this chick annoys the shit out of me!! I've never been much for "rock-chicks" with rusty voices. It seems so fake, if you understand my meaning. Mind you, I hate Janis Joplin's voice for the same reason, but at least she was "the real deal". I looove a nice feminin voice like Anneke Van Giersbergen  or the "girl" that sings on the latest Anathema-album. It suits DTP's and Anathema's music PERFECT. A screaming bitch would had ruined it for me, definitely. I'm on track two now, and I really want her to stop this screaming. F****** bitch! Ahh, track three, she stops screaming, but nothing gets better. This is not for me. F***, now she starts to scream again . I can't STAND this shit!!!

DINOSAUR JR. - 4 out of 6 Classic Rocks.

Sounds like some 90's-band, and isn't that also exactly what they are? Not bad, but a bit on the boring side on track no. 1. I like track two. They have stolen some guitar-parts from U2's Achtung Baby! on that one, though. I kind of like their style. I also liked a lot of the music from the 90's-I was dead-tired of Heavy Metal back then. Track 3 is probably the best (and most original!) so far. Track 4 is actually better. I like this stuff! I don't care, if the singer is weak. That is not the most important thing for me. For all I care, he's not a screaming Bitch!! I would definitely have bought this album in the 90's, that's for sure. Now, I'm not so sure.

DEAD SARA ... 2 Thumbs up

I liked the opening track, and her vocal style is quite good as well.  Thought I was going to hear a grunge tune and it was nice and melodic, just like I like!  Second track is pretty similar, grungy/fuzzy opening but nice melodic rhythms and chorus.  The third track was just OK for me, I think she's not taking advantage of her vocal strength, which isn't screaming all the way through the tune! Face to Face is back on track vocally, but musically is sounded just ok.  Now to hear what Jon is talking about with "Timed Blues"...  Cool riff!  I'm totally leaning in Jon direction here, love this tune a lot.  And overall this girl is on fire!  Couple of song styling issues for me but I am hooked in and hoping this band goes somewhere so we can hear more.  Nice selection!

Dinosaur Jr--thumbs 3/4 down

Can the vocalist sound any more bored? Jeez. These songs hurt my ears. I don't know if it's a production issue or what, but it was very painful to listen to in more ways than one. The one thing I'll give them is the appearance of wocka-wocka geetar in the second song, that's why I'm not going a complete thumbs down. Every song was kind of messy too. This is the second recent batch of music here that I've found messy.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos