Classic Rock Bottom

New Music Corner 109 - Deep Purple, Airbourne

2 New ones to digest, one highly anticipated and one good time rock and roll jam session...

Playlist -> http://snack.to/adhm2mmp

First up...

Deep Purple
Now What!?
April 2013

1. A Simple Song
  2. Weirdistan
  3. Body Line
  4. Apres Vous
  5. All The Time In The World

Now What?! is the 19th studio album by English rock band Deep Purple. It was released on 26 April 2013 and produced by Bob Ezrin. A dedicated official web site was also created by the band to post updates about the album. It is the band's first studio album in over seven years, since Rapture of the Deep was released in late 2005.

On 26 February 2013, the album's title was announced. Additionally, a new single featuring "Hell to Pay" and "All the Time in the World" was released in both CD and vinyl formats on 29 March 2013. The band confirmed that the new single "Vincent Price" will be released on June 7th as download, CD single and 7” transparent vinyl. Single will also include previously unreleased song "First Sign of Madness", two tracks from now unavailable Rapture of the Deep limited edition and video-clip.

Two songs are dedicated to Deep Purple founding member Jon Lord, who died in July 2012 - Uncommon Man and Above and Beyond, which includes the lyrics "Souls having touched are forever entwined". Uncommon Man is partly inspired by the classical composition Fanfare for the Common Man, and features a synthesizer-generated fanfare theme composed by Don Airey.

Airbourne
Black Dog Barking
May 2013

1. Ready To Rock
  2. No One Fits Me (Better Than You)
  3. Live It Up
  4. Cradle To The Grave
  5. Black Dog Barking

Black Dog Barking is the third studio album by the Australian hard rock band Airbourne and the follow-up to their 2010 album No Guts. No Glory.. The album is up for release in Europe and Australia on 20 May 2013, and worldwide on 21 May 2013.

The band had this to say about the recording of Black Dog Barking;

A lot of thought and effort has gone into this record not only by the band, but by the production crew who worked countless hours, seven days a week, even through Christmas and New Year’s Eve to achieve the best possible performances, backed by real undying tones. Now we’re handing it over to you… so crank it up, crack a beer and stick some rock ‘n’ roll in your ear!

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Finally you've posted that Deep Purple album. I've had it for a few months already and have liked it since I listened to the complete album a few months ago so I'm glad you have finally posted some tracks from this album for those that don't have it here. They'll find out it's a great album and probably will wish you had posted this sooner instead of having to wait around to get it delivered. If someone had asked, I would have gladly put this up months ago but I guess it's better late than never. 

I know right?  I had to wait for two guys who couldn't get this release delivered to them faster than me, so here it is finally!  I am liking the DP album a ton!  Its better the 3rd and 4th times you hear it, the first time I wasn't convinced, but I bought in and this thing is spinning a lot around here.

It's as good a listen now as when it was for me a few months ago. When I got it.

Why did you get it so late?  You need to check your delivery methods...

Airbourne - I have their previous album, and it totally underwhelms me.  They are definitely straight up rock and roll, no frills, three-chord AC/DC wannabees.  I just can't get into that album at all.  And despite all the positive stuff I've heard about this album, I had, as Scott says, very low expectations.  All that being said, this isn't too bad.  I don't think it's a purchase for me, but what I heard here was a very decent listen.

Agreed that their second album isn't very good.  I have their debut and this one, and I like both enough to purchase and play, but I think that's likely enough for me.

Airbourne--Thumbs Up but....

I doesn't sound any different from any other Airbourne albums. Or AC/DC albums. Like what they're doing, but while it was a good listen I can't remember anything I just heard, just like their previous albums. At this time it's not a purchase for me, maybe one day when I can get it cheap so I have their whole collection?

See RJ's thoughts on the their second album, I agree that its not very good.  If you buy, get the debut or this one. 

Since I already have their first two, are you recommending I rebuy the first one and listen to it again? I am so confused right now!

The recommendation is to rebuy the first one and listen to it again, rebuy the second one and don't listen to it cause it sucketh, and buy the third one so you have 'em all.

Oh. That makes sense!

DEEP PURPLE - 2.5 out of 6

I think, I repeat myself a lot, but this really isn't DP to me. I've just been listening to "In Rock", "Fireball" and "Machine Head", and those albums are exellent, and without doubt the best DP-albums ever made. Blackmoore was as important to this band, as Iommi is to Sabbath. But the single most important thing now is, how good is the music on this new album from this band called Deep Purple or whatever they should be called: It's okay, but not a purchase for me. "A Simple Song" is just a simple song. "Weirdistan" is better, but Don Airy could had done a better solo. Morse's solo's always sounds the same, as in : I'm not impressed. The chorus is very good, and even though, I haven't been a fan of Gillan's voice, he does a good job on this song, that almost sounds like it's from the album "Perfect Strangers". "Body Line" has a jazzy feeling, and I don't really like jazz that much, but it's not a bad track, not as good as "Weirdistan", though. "Apres Vous" almost sounds like Prog but overall, there's an "Old man's band sounding Deep Purple'ish" over it all, and I keep thinking: Why release this album? I read that Gillan himself also thought, that they had enough material already, and that they were a live-band, and are mostly playing for rich people in the middle East nowadays. "All The Time In The World" is nice easy-listening, but...

AIRBOURNE - 0 out of 6.

......... Oh, no, I can't stand listening to 5 songs, sounding like this - Complety Acca Dacca-ripoff, just like Krokus and countless other bands. The Name of the band, the album-cover and the lyrics makes me wanna puke. If this and the new "Lizzy-album" is what rock´n´roll can offer these days, I'm ready to call it quits. Then I much rather listening to Daft Punk's new album.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos