Classic Rock Bottom

S.U.N.

Something Unto Nothing

1. Burned

2. Nomad

3. The Beginning Of The End (The Journey Of The Phrygians From Madrid)

4. Razed

5. Something Unto Nothing

I haven't been writing anything about my new purchases lately, preferring to let the music do the talking.  However, I just can't resist with this album.  This is the brainchild of Brian Tichy and Sass Jordan.  If you thought Brian Tichy was just a drummer, you were dead wrong.  He plays the guitars as well as the drums on this album.  And he plays the hell out of 'em.  And Sass Jordan is on fire.  Terrific vocals.  This is my favorite album so far this year.  And here's the first video released from the album to go along with the other 5 songs.

The Virginmarys

King Of Conflict

6. Just A Ride

7. Out Of Mind

8. Lost Weekend

9. Dressed To Kill

10. Takin' The Blame

Note: Some lyrics are NSFW!!!

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

S.U.N. is one hell of a good album. No frills r&r. Really not a bad track on the whole album.

Awesome that you included the title track from the S.U.N. album. It's this years "Stairway To Heaven", I'm tellin' ya!

Ok...the Virginmarys? The saviours of rock? I was reading a review on amazon and I'm telling you, the reviewer must be 12 years old. Everything he says is wrong. Listening to this album was wrong. Never really listened to Green Day but this sounds like Green Day.

There isn't anything remotely good about these songs. The singer sucks, the geetaring isn't anything special and the drummer just bashes away. I might have liked this when I was....well, never. Mopey lyrics, "oh, the world hate me and she hates me". Jeez. I despise these songs as much as I have ever despised anything this year.

Hold on...#10 just started and it's......nevermind. It started off decent and then sucked. Wait, there's a geetar solo and....hell with it.

WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU BUY THIS?

Classic Rock Magazine seems to think they are outstanding as well,  That's why I bought it.  But I agree totally with you, I'm not a fan at all and won't be buying anymore, but I figured since I had it I'd throw it into the fire just in case somebody else liked it.  After all, that's what it's all about, right? 

Besides, it just makes S.U.N. sound that much better.  And I need to do an edit, because I forgot to warn about the lyrics on a couple of the tracks by The Virginmarys.  Plus, I wanted to add the first video released by S.U.N., so check out the original post again for that.

That is true, it definitely makes S.U.N. sound much better (even though it didn't need it). 

Let me think who will like Virginmarys........................

hey, you can get that album for $6.99 at amazon! Pretty darn cheap!

Could swear we have another video around here from S.U.N., it would have been posted sometime last year I believe.

Hmmm....

Bingo!

Maybe it wasn't here but I watched it somewhere.

I don't remember this at all.  Cool.  Love the tempo change in this song.  And you are right about Something Unto Nothing, it's a fantastic song.

I can't hear, what's so great about S.U.N.? It's 80's party-rock'n'roll like Cr'ue and tesla play(ed) it, and I guess. there's an audience for that scene still, but I'm not among them. And those lyrics? I'm danish, and I think they are weak and they suck!

SUN ...  Two Thumbs laying flat 

I cant get past the vocal performance, its not resonating with me.  Musically its impressive, but yet again its not working for me.  Its sound is boring/monotone and her vocals are very difficult to follow and they sound forced.  I'm siding with Niels on this one...

It is official, Jon and Scott are totally unpredictable and Niels only likes Prog now.

I am more oriented towards Melodic Hard Rock (AOR), even the Prog I like most has a majority of elements of AOR.  SUN didn't seem to fit my Melodic needs...

Although I do have some exceptions...  Its complicated...

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos