Classic Rock Bottom

So after getting some bad advice about last weeks NMC posting it turns out that I still posted the best NMC ever.  Jon and RJ are still away licking their wounds...  So lets add 1 more new release to the smorgasbord of New Music we post on here.  

This week is the much anticipated Winery Dogs ...  Click here to listen

1. Desire
  2. We Are One
  3. You Saved Me
  4. Damaged
  5. The Dying

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After my original comment, I kind of lost interest in this.  But I've been listening to it again and I'd say that right now (Alter Bridge's new one doesn't come out for another week), this may be the second best album so far this year.  

• The production is fantastic.  I've heard several very good albums this year in which I don't think the production is up to par.  Specifically, being able to understand the vocalist.  This album distinguishes the vocals from the music very well.  
  • Portnoy is not over-drumming.  
  • Sheehan is a beast on the bass, everybody knows that.
  • These songs have hooks and melodies.  That's right in my wheel house.
  • Kotzen sounds like Cornell, which is a compliment, and he is burning up that guitar.

Man, this album gets better with every listen...

Totally agree!

Better than, say, a certain album about a raven that refused to sing?

Uhhhhh....yeah.

Not so fast... But it's up on the list...

Look, I know you, Niels and Scott all dig that horrible raven album.  Therefore, when voting for the CRB Top 10 albums in December, it will be RANKed very high on CRB's Top 10.  I guess I will have to exercise my veto power that I warned you guys of when this website was started to scratch it from the list.

Don't make us use our double secret veto power!

Well, I'll just have to issue my final answer.

No worries. I'll just override it using that special "thing" from the locked box.

Nope, I'm gonna lock the locked box.

I can not hear anything especially good in this?!!!

Sure, they are exellent musicians, but this and every other song I've heard from this album is just ordinary kind of boring Heavy Rock. Just like the latest Van Halen-album. Outch!!!

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos