Classic Rock Bottom

New Music Corner #172 - Judas Priest, Coney Hatch

The NMC you've all been waiting for is here. The much talked about new Judas Priest. Is it a true return to form? Listen and chime in... And then a real hidden treat in the form of Canadian band Coney Hatch. This one from 2013 so its a bit of a catch up post, but I think there's something for everyone this week. 

Playlist --> http://www.podsnack.com/CA69EFD9E8C/a1hf4i9n

1. Halls of Valhalla
  2. March of the Damned
  3. Hell & Back
  4. Crossfire
  5. Snakebite

1. Blown Away
  2. Boys Club
  3. Do It Again
  4. Connected
  5. Devil You Know

Views: 346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Could swear you did this Coney Hatch album before. Maybe it was just a video? At least it's more current than a "new" Tommy Bolin album.

nope ...  threatened too, but never posted...

Cool, I'll make sure I'm wearing my sunglasses at night when I give it a listen.

I will be posting a link to my review of the Judas Priest album as soon as it goes up. For the most part, I loved it.

"Halls of Valhalla" was superb until right near the end.

"March of the Damned" had to grow on me but I ended up liking it.

"Hell & Back" and "Crossfire" were fine but didn't really stand out above the rest for me.

"Snakebite" was PHENOMENAL.

The bonus disc is killer!

I liked 4 of the 5 songs. I thought "Creatures" was strictly a second tier track.

Corney Hartch--Thumbs Up

This sounds like something that came from the late 70's/early 80's, kinda of a dirty glammy type thing going on. "Connected" sounds like something from Cheap Trick, especially the chorus. Surprised by the lack of keyboards like his 80's songs but I swore that I would never surrender to a Peruvian lady if you know what I mean (and I think you do!). Sometimes when I'm at the dance and she got the radio, I'm wondering where that cheatin' in school got me. Then I light the lamp at midnite, but sometimes it ain't enough. Oh, Jenny Fey. Does she love you? It's all good, just remind yourself that the world is fire. All in all this is a decent slab of party rock, much better than I expected.  Hoist your beers! Toast to Canadian rawk! Sunglasses! Night! At!

Surprised that you liked this one, I have been way hesitant to post it since the SMASH or TRASH for their Blown Away tune got mostly Trashed...

Did i like it?

Yes...  Yes you did...

Cool. I just looked for it ans went as far back as Feb 2013 and couldn't find the post. Oh, you might want to check on the new release board, I just found out something......

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos