Classic Rock Bottom

New Music Corner #262 - Dead Daisies, Chris Robinson Brotherhood

by "do I know good music or do I know good music!!" Scott

Two nice ones this week!  Each album showcase the two openers and two closers!  Chime in an dlet us know what you think!

The Dead Daisies
Make Some Noise

1. Long Way To Go
  2. We All Fall Down
  3. All The Same
  4. Join Together

Chris Robinson Brotherhood
Any Way You Love, We Know How You Feel

1. Narcissus Soaking Wet
  2. Forever As The Moon
  3. Oak Apple Day
  4. California Hymn

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have listened to the DD's twice, like it.  Maybe just a smidge less than the previous offering, but like it none-the-less.

Have thought about CRB (good initials), but have ultimately decided against it.  Maybe this will change my mind...

Passed on CRB as well, until I heard it..

Dead Daisies - Love those first two tracks.  They are excellent.  Really, so is the third track you have posted here.  The Who cover is my least favorite track on the album.  It just sounds somewhat uninspired.  There is another cover on the album as well, Fortunate Son, and I dig it much more.  By the way, I have a bonus track undoubtedly, because Join Together is the next to last track on mine.  This is just good old fashion rock and roll.  Straight up.   Very good guitar playing.  The lyrical trip isn't earth shattering, but it's acceptable.   Thumbs up and a definite recommendation to buy on this one.

CRB - This first track is way, way groovy.  Very laid back and just smooth.  The back layered guitar is quite nice.  Not a big harmonica fan, but it's okay on this track.  The intro to the second song is very reminiscent of I'm Losing You by The Faces (or Rod Stewart, I think it's The Faces).  And it sounds like a Rolling Stones song as well.  It's another groove laden track.  Can't really find much that interests me in Oak Apple Day.  And it goes on for a long time.  I'm also not feeling the closer.  I do notice what sounds like a steel guitar, which is a country instrument.  Does that mean that Scott now likes country music?  Hmmmm....makes you wonder.  Based on the four tracks here, with two being very good while the other two are quite forgettable, I'll continue to take a pass on this one.

I can 100% confirm that Scott does not like Country music...

I think you're changing a bit in your old age.  I'd say by sixty you'll be listening to Conway.

I feel like we're drifting a bit apart music-wise.

I have no whatsoever interest in either releases. 

I'm still waiting for at least one more album, that deserves a place on my 2016-top list.

I'm still saying the weakest year since 2010 or something like that.

But Steven Wilson released an EP!!!!

Was that this year?  Seems like years ago now.

Dead Daisies--Thumbs Up

The third track sounds like Aerosmith. Really. No, not the sappy ballad Aerosmith. The first three tracks are just a rockin' good time, better than what I expected considering this is a post from Scott. The cover song starts off a bit rough then finds its groove. It's not a bad cover, but it's still a cover and for some reason someone here has gone cover crazy recently. This needs to stop. Yet......no purchase for me. It just doesn't seem like something I would revisit often.

CRB--Thumbs 3/4 up but it ain't new

Ok, that first song reminds me of another song, something from the 70's and I can't remember what song it is. I'm going to walk away, smoke something and see if it joggles something in my brain.......

Yes. I was correct. Smoking something sire did joggle my mind and this sounds like something off of Harry Connick Jr.'s "She" and/or "Star Turtle". Ok, it wasn't from the 70's, but it DID sound like something else.

The second song sounds like something from a 70's Broadway show. Yep, really. I'm thinking "Jesus Christ Superstar".

The third song sounded a bit like HCJ again and the last sounded like something again from the 70's.

Overall this isn't bad, but it sounds like something from someone or something else. Nothing new or earth-shattering here but a pleasant listen.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos