2. Refugee
  3. The Voyage of Eight Eighteen
  4. Camouflage

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Typical.

A) Collusion

2) The guy that introduced you guys to Opeth doesn't get to feature their latest album.  

I sir, am no Colluder!

however, I am grateful for that intro!

OPETH - I've only heard this album once, but....to me it sounds like this is the best of the last 3 Opeth-albums, meaning the albums I own. I'm a fan of Åkerfeldt's voice and guitar-playing. Imo, he's got maybe THE best voice in rock-music right now, except when he growls, like he does a bit on the second of the 3 live-tracks on the Deluxe(?) version of the album. Not once, but quite a few times, I thought about Jethro Tull, listening to the album (the accustic guitars and Åkerfeldt's voice, which sounds a bit like Ian Anderson's). To me, this album is only the second released this year, that has potential to be my Album of the year 2016.

KANSAS - I like the voice of the (new?) singer. He sounds a bit like Joe Lynn Turner, who is one of my favoite singers. I've heard this album 3 times, and there's actually not a bad songs on it. (except if you count the 2 extra tracks on the deluxe version - those should not had been recorded at all imo). But are the songs then great? Hmmm, I'm not sure yet, how good the album is. I need to listen more, but....I think my meaning right now is, that there's something good...and bad in every track on the album. Well, we'll see in 3 months time, where it end up on my top 10-list, because I have a strong feeling, it will end up there, probably because of the very weak year 2016.....so far.

I only own this new Opeth and Pale Communion so I like this! A lot actually...  I wont go back into their cookie monster vocal days...

You don't have Heritage?

Nope
No cookie monster vocals on Heritage at all. That one, you need as Deluxe, since the two extra tracks are actually the best. Im vith you regarding cookie monster vocals. I HATE them!!!!!!

Heritage has an evil feel, so it might not be for Scott.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos