Classic Rock Bottom

This will be a list of new music releases that may be of interest.

After some releases, there's letter(s) in parenthesis which have the following meanings:

R-Reissue, not necessarily remastered

RM=Remastered

ET=Extra Tracks

B=Box Set

If I miss something, feel free to post it. Thanks everyone!  

Views: 4046

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, I just took a hit for "the team" and ordered one of the Culture Factory remasters of BOC's "Fire Of Unknown Origin". If it's any good, then I'll place an order for some of those Culture Factory Toto remasters.

Can you take a few more hits...just for the heck of it?

Sure. My fist, your face.

Weren't expecting THAT, were you??

Comparing the Culture Factory remaster of BOC's "Fire Of Unknown Origin" to the boxset remaster, the CF version is louder and seems to be richer sounding. I have the speakers turned up and haven't noticed any distortion. 

The packaging is like a minature album with a slip cover and the CD is in a sleeve. The CD itself is black on both sides which is kinda neat.

All in all, I am pleasantly surprised by the whole package. I will now get the CF Toto remasters. 

Listened to the first disc of the new live Toto album.  It's very good.  I have got to pick up some Toto.

Do any of the remasters have bonus tracks?  I can get Toto and Hydra for about 12 bucks.  They are SBME  Special Markets, but I don't know what that means.

No. The SBME Special Market CD's are the regular cd's, not remastered. As far as I know, both the RC and CF remasters don't/won't have bonus tracks. 

I'm okay with regular cd's.  And since there are no bonus tracks, that's what I'll go with.  Thanks for the info.

I see a release for Saga called Saga City.  Is this a new album Jon?  It appears to be according to Prognossis.com.

Yes, it is. It's being released in the states in August.

Lead off track:

Scott will like this, he's a huge Saga fan.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos