6. Take My Bones Away

7. Back Where I Belong

8. Sea Lungs

9. Board Up The House

10. The Line Between

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GARY CLARK JR ...  Two thumbs trippin' to the jams man! 

I must say I am pleasantly surprised, never heard of this guy, ever.  And there's some serious jammin' goin' on here!  And what's the deal with this over 7 minute second song RJ?  You starting to like these extended jam tunes?  You know something other than the 3 minute KISS "anthem-attempt"?  You are showing huge musical growth here!  And I don't mean that in any other way than this is a very cool post and one I wouldn't expect from you.  Bluesy with some hints funk, rockabilly, and tons of really nice geetar work.  Numb is very Hendrix-esque.  Cool!  I can see hitting the road with this blazin!  This ones going on a wish list

7 plus minutes must have guitars, guitars, guitars...

Gary Clark Jr--Thumbs Up

I read about him a few months ago and I was wishing and hoping someone would post some of his music. Little did I know it would be....Rjhog? Interesting. The geetar is smoking hot here but the first track was a little meh. Made up for it with every other track. Listening to this is getting me in a mood, my head can't stop moving. I'm into this. The article I read compared him to Hendrix and SRV, but this guy has his own style, man. Now I wanna light up.     

And to think that I almost didn't post it 'cause I thought it would get no love at all.

Shows what you know!

Baroness--thumb in the middle

It's The Sword with a different name. It's not bad, but I've heard this before, ya know? THe best track was #7, it was kinda mellow and I dug it. Probably because I lit up due to the previous album. Not a purchase but a decent listen.

GARY CLARK JR. - 3 out of 6 Classic Rocks

I like the first track. Nice guitar, also. Second track is too bluesy for me, but it ain't bad-bad. Nice guitar again, some of it, anyway. When I got to track 3, I realised that , I kind of like this music, but not enough to purchase it. I would probably listen once or twice, maybe. Track 3 bores me a bit, like his guitar-playing also is starting to bore me. The same tones over and over again ain't my cup of tea. The music reminds me a bit of everybody's favorite band around here: The Black Keys. Or Rival Sons. Track 4 makes me almost yawn. I never wanna hear that one again. Track 5 doesn't really change anything.

BARONESS - 3 out of 6 Classic Rocks

Weird, but facinating album-cover. Ugle birds, though. The music, yeah well, it's not bad. It sounds like something, you've heard many times before, and again, it's something I would listen to once or twice. I agree with Jon, that they sound like The Sword and that's not necessarily a good thing, when you're me.

RSS

Question Of The Week

CRB Features (Click photo to visit)

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

CRB Staff Members

In Memory Of

Norma Jean Fox
(11/30/1945-9/7/2010)

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos